“Yum!”

Kahill's Steak-Fish & Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Kahill's Steak-Fish & Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
sioux falls, south dakota
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Everything we had was yummy! Our waiter was great too. We had a view of the river during dinner. The salmon was cooked just like I ordered.

Visited May 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great place to have a quiet meal”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

While Kahill's is known as a great steak house, I found the steak to be good and juicy but not "outstanding". Don't misunderstand, it was a good steak, but the vegetables served with it were too oily and sort of killed the dish. However on night #2 of my trip, I had the onion soup which was deep with flavor and lots of hot, melted cheese. My entree was a spectacular cast-iron blackened shrimp on a bed of salad, heirloom tomatoes, etc. with a grapefruit vinaigrette. This was a great meal. It was a good lesson that steak houses have other wonderful dishes too. Amanda, my waitress, was excellent, attentive, and knew the menu well. Definitely recommend if you're in Sioux City on travel. Thanks for a wonderful meal.

• Visited March 2014
Yankton, South Dakota
“Amazing food, great wait staff; hostesses need help.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is our favorite restaurant. We've eaten here many times, and I've tried many dishes off the menu, and all have been delicious and amazing. And there are still more things I want to try!! (Usually, when we go out, maybe one or two things interest me on the menu and that's it.) We've always had excellent service from our waiters every time, even when busy. This last time we ate there, we came in at a quarter to 5 pm. I had already called ahead for a 5 o'clock reservation and asked for a table by the window if possible, and was told no problem. When we arrived, the place was dead, the lady at the hostess stand couldn't find the reservation, then took a phone call in the middle of helping us - couldn't take the phone reservation and had to call one person over to take the phone, and another one to look on the chart for our reservation....I don't know why she was there or for what purpose she was serving if she can't seat anyone, find reservations, or take them over the phone. So a lady tries seating us in a booth, and since it was so empty, I asked if we could have a table by the window - which was one table down from where she wanted to sit us, and still in the same waiter's section. She was hesitant and acted like we weren't good enough to have those seats, but after I said I did request that when I made the reservation, she reluctantly let us sit there. I don't know who those seats are saved for then, especially because one other couple was sitting down there, and the place was empty. Slowly the restaurant got busier, but we noticed the hostesses were seating people in the same waiter's section for each waiter, and just burying them, rather than alternating between sections. So in each waiter's section all the food would come out at once, all the people were waiting for menus at the same time, etc. It was ridiculous. The waiters did the best they could, but it was obviously a huge mistake on the part of the hostess station. Later we got room service, and unfortunately our order was taken by & brought up by, the same snotty young lady who had seated us earlier that evening. On the room service menu, they have a section labeled "Naan Bread" and a variety of choices under it. I asked what naan bread was, and she had no idea. Restaurant 101 - know the menu.
The meals here are worth the money, service is great, but the hostess/room service area needs to get a clue.

• Visited February 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Second Time as Good as the First”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I ate at Kahill's a little over a year ago when I was in town for business and was blown away to find such a fantastic restaurant tucked away in the corner of a hotel in a small town.

Having traveled back on business again, I stopped in Kahill's for both breakfast and dinner and was equally impressed. For dinner, I had a burger that was perfectly cooked and seasoned and for breakfast, I had a full plate of eggs, toast and bacon that was remarkable.

The only reason that I don't rate Kahill's Five Stars is that it is pricey -- I can't ever stay within my business's meal budget limits when I eat here.

But the food is definitely worth it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank wferriter
Chicago, Illinois
“One of the finest meals”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

By far the finest meal I have ever had in a small town. Steak and all the sides were perfect.

Wine by the glass list could step up a notch, but seriously that was not a negative as there were very good options at fair prices.