“The best italian restaurant in the area!”
Review of Trattoria Fresco

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hands down the best around!

We have been going here for a few years now....food is always good and consistent!

Try the antipasto appetizer...

Dont waste your time with olive garden... this place shows up the chain restaurants

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Fresco

Reviewed January 20, 2013

But first, it's mislocated on the Trip Advisor map. The correct address is 611 W 29th St. The pin shows it at 611 E 29th, which will put you in front of an elementary school in a residential neighborhood.

However, once we found it we were immediately welcomed by the rustic Sicilian atmosphere, with linen tablecloths and napkins. Our two entres were the Gnocchi with zesty arriabbata sauce ($10.5) and the special Braciole (flank steak rolled up with boiled eggs, cheese, spices, and pine nuts ($15.5). Both were excellent, served hot by the chef himself (it was early Sunday evening). Even the Spumoni we shared was special--three scoops of mocha, cherry, and pistachio. For an Italian restaurant the dessert menu was extensive; 13 items from $3.5-5.5 including homemade cannoli; but we couldn't do it justice.

The location is off-the-path, the ambiance is family-owned friendly, but it's the recipes that make this place a gem.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ordered the chicken parmisian and the marinara sauce on the pasta was terrible.
The waiter never checked to see how our food was, and when we were done he
asked if we wanted what we couldn't eat to go we told him it was terrible all he
said was no one ever complained before. I will never go back.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Wasn't expecting much from a restaurant in S. Sioux City, NE but I was very pleasantly surprised. A friend and I ate here and the food was VERY good, reminded me of Little Italy in NYC.

The restaurant itself is nothing special, and there were very few folks inside so the atmosphere was dull, but the service was pleasant and my lasagne was extremely tasty.

If you find yourself in S. Sioux City, you gotta check this place out.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I dined at Trattoria Fresco recently for dinner. Our friends recommended the place and we couldn't have been happier with the food. Delizioso!! I had the Linguini Frandiavola - sauteed shrimp with garlic in a light spicy tomato sauce. They aren't kidding when they say spicy - yowza! It was great and they didn't skimp on the shrimp :) My husband ordered the Pork Chop al Forno - baked pork chop with mushrooms and parmesan cheese. He really enjoyed it and commented on how delicious the sauce and baked zucchini were on the side. For dessert we shared a cannoli and it too was decadent. I would highly recommend this as an alternative to the Olive Garden. The service was average, and the owner greets you and seats you with a smile and even remembered everything we ordered when it was time to pay. We will definitely return to try out the lunch menu!