“Best in Sidney imo”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Sidney
jax
“Best in Sidney imo”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have stayed at a few hotels here in Sidney over the years and i think this is the best choice for this small town.rooms are clean.they have mini fridges and flat screen tv's now.lounge and restaurant.mini store outback..

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Granger, IA
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Not what I had hoped. Let's start with the good. Pool area was clean and in good shape, although the hot tub was not real hot. Here's the not so good. The other hotels in the area offer a free continental breakfast. I assumed that for $30 more for the night we'd get free cereal and fruit, but the hostess informed me they are a "full service" hotel, so they have a restaurant. Ok. So, before going to the room we tried to catch dinner, but the "full service" hotel's restaurant closed at 8 pm on a Friday night! Strike two. To top it off, there was a lot of trash overflowing the can by our entrance. Oh well. Live and learn. If the place were $70, I'd be ok. Not as much for $125.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Scott H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sidney, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Scott H,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are sincerely sorry to learn that your stay did not meet with your expectations, and you can be assured that each of your comments have been taken into consideration and shared with the appropriate departments. In the meantime, we do apologize we have fallen short of your expectations but can assure that such lapses are isolated occurrences. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to you as a valued guest.

Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you in the near future.

Katie J
IHGCare
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The property is not up to standards for a holiday inn. The rooms are nice with micro/frig flat screen and comfy beds. There is no free breakfast no gifts for priority members. I ordered room service breakfast but they failed to pickup the slip or deliver. Pay a little more and stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sidney, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
mclbar,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The owner owns the Hampton Inn and i had to unpack my car then pack it again. I then noticed that Holiday Inn was closed (not permentaly) due to the Hampton reservations. It was very hard because it was around 11pm and i have 6 little kids who have been in the van since i left home in Indiana. They told me over the phone they also run a minor MOTEL on 6th street. They had lied about it actually being a major Hampton Inn. Now i stayed at a Hampton that runs a Holiday Inn. I couldnt enjoy any breakfast because i was up till 12:30am with 6 kids! Next ill stay at the Comfort Inn in Sidney!

• Stayed August 2011
elizabeth, colorado
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Let me say this first. This was not the nicest holiday inn we have ever stayed in....however is was very clean and we are talking about Sidney, Nebraska. The reason why I did give this a 5 star is the gentlemen at the desk was incredibly friendly and upgraded us to a room with a jacuzzi for no charge as it was my husband's yearly much anticipated trip to Cabelas. What else made a huge impression on us is that he asked if it mattered which room and my response was wherever the bus load of teen age kids weren't staying. There was entired football team there for an out of town game and it's been our previous experience they can get extremely noisey. We were far enough that we never heard them. Great!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank asmile2day
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Got in VERY late from my flight into Scottsbluff. Check-in was smooth as silk, got my Priority member perks right away with a gift in my room. The staff was exceedingly friendly & accommodating when I asked for a late check-out. This was a really, really nice place to stay in a small rural town. I would definitely stay again. A bit pricey, but very nice.

• Stayed October 2011
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I almost didnt book here because of some poor reviews I read, but I'm really glad I decided to give it a try. The hotel was very comfortable, the pool and hot tub large, clean and the perfect temperature. The staff was extremely friendly. Everything was clean and very comfortable. We travel across country twice a year and stay in all kinds of different places. This place is definately on my list of places worth returning to.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family