“Bad Place-Closed when Arrived”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sidney
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sidney
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The owner owns the Hampton Inn and i had to unpack my car then pack it again. I then noticed that Holiday Inn was closed (not permentaly) due to the Hampton reservations. It was very hard because it was around 11pm and i have 6 little kids who have been in the van since i left home in Indiana. They told me over the phone they also run a minor MOTEL on 6th street. They had lied about it actually being a major Hampton Inn. Now i stayed at a Hampton that runs a Holiday Inn. I couldnt enjoy any breakfast because i was up till 12:30am with 6 kids! Next ill stay at the Comfort Inn in Sidney!

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Let me say this first. This was not the nicest holiday inn we have ever stayed in....however is was very clean and we are talking about Sidney, Nebraska. The reason why I did give this a 5 star is the gentlemen at the desk was incredibly friendly and upgraded us to a room with a jacuzzi for no charge as it was my husband's yearly much anticipated trip to Cabelas. What else made a huge impression on us is that he asked if it mattered which room and my response was wherever the bus load of teen age kids weren't staying. There was entired football team there for an out of town game and it's been our previous experience they can get extremely noisey. We were far enough that we never heard them. Great!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank asmile2day
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Got in VERY late from my flight into Scottsbluff. Check-in was smooth as silk, got my Priority member perks right away with a gift in my room. The staff was exceedingly friendly & accommodating when I asked for a late check-out. This was a really, really nice place to stay in a small rural town. I would definitely stay again. A bit pricey, but very nice.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I almost didnt book here because of some poor reviews I read, but I'm really glad I decided to give it a try. The hotel was very comfortable, the pool and hot tub large, clean and the perfect temperature. The staff was extremely friendly. Everything was clean and very comfortable. We travel across country twice a year and stay in all kinds of different places. This place is definately on my list of places worth returning to.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years and every time I seem to ask myself "why do I come back?" This last one topped them all for problems and with a new hotel just opening across the Interstate, this was my last stay at the Holiday Inn in Sidney, NE.

When I checked in, I got all the way to the room only to discover that my key card had been left out of the Welcome Evelope. I went back and told them and they made me a key and when I tried it, it didn't work. She told me they have had trouble with the new cards and made one on the old card and it worked fine. SO on my third trip to the room, I finally get in. The room was just average and I was not offered an upgrade for being a Platinum member of PCR. The coupons for being a PCR member were not worth much to me either. A free drink in the bar ($5.00 or less--only if you spend $9.00 for the cheapest entree or appetizer). I had already eaten, so I didn't use. Only 10% off breakfast and at most HI I get coupon for a free breakfast. I went to breakfast @ 9:15am and they were already cleaning up the restaurant and it looked closed. The kid cleaning said he could get me something, but I didn't really want to stay and see how long that would take or sit in the dark eating my breakfast alone.

My biggest complaint and the main reason that I will not be returning is that when I woke up in the morning, my room smelled like cigarette smoke. Not just a faint smell--but a smell like I was in a bar. When I told them about it on checkout. The clerk said "yeah, I hear that a lot. The smoking rooms are right above your room." I would think if they get this complaint a lot, they would do something about it and change the layout of where the smoking and non smoking rooms are. He didn't offer any other explaination or appology. I just paid my bill and walked out of the hotel for the last time.

Room Tip: Go across the interstate to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here one night on our move from Nebraska to California. It was okay. The room was a bit small for 2 adults, 2 kids and 4 animals but the beds were comfortable! The kids liked the pool and we liked the spa. We tried out the Fish Bowl Lounge and the food was pretty good. Our breakfast, however, was only okay and the waitress was very brusque and definitely not a morning person. All in all, it's a good little hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stay at this property when I visit customers in the Panhandle of the state. This hotel is very clean but fills up fast with construction and oil workers in the summer. The restaurant has a good dinner menu and the breakfast is ok. The hotel kind of pricey but is one of the nicest around in the immediate area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business