“dont stay”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sidney
KINGDOM CITY
“dont stay”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

very over priced for the quality will never stay at this motel again, breakfast not a big deal but if you are to offer it do it right no selection the gas station across the road has better coffie

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Central New York State
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The Days Inn in Sidney NE, I-80 exit 59, just across the road from the ORIGINAL Cabela's, is the least expensive motel at the exit, and it's lovely!! Clean, freshly painted, and bright Our room was big and quiet, and the beds were comfortable. Expanded breakfast was served in a large, bright room, with the motel owner keeping watch. Every staff person we came in contact with was pleasant, friendly, and capable. Very glad we stayed at this motel!

• Stayed September 2012
loretto, minnesota
Reviewed August 26, 2012

we stopped in to try and get a room we were driving late and this was the 1st place with a room.
the night clerk was very nice. the room was ok beds were hard and the A/C unit was not very quite.
they did have a hot breakfast, when i got home i found a safe charge on my bill, apparently they have that charge for everyone so lookout. all the hotels in the area i would say are high priced

Kansas City
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn Sidney on the return leg of our trip out West. In the way out, we stayed at the Days Inn Cheyenne, which was wonderful! On the way back, we decided to try and make it a little further East before stopping for the night. We chose Days Inn Sidney based on our good experience with Days Inn in Cheyenne. The name is the same, but that's where the similarities end.

We made our reservation asking for a roll-away bed. When we arrived and checked in to the room there was no roll away. Strike one. So I walked back down to the front desk to ask for one, The response was “That's $10 extra”. It was free in Cheyenne. Strike two. When they brought the roll away, we found out it was the WORST roll away we've ever seen. And that's saying something considering how bad roll away beds can be. Strike three. We wound up taking the mattress off the roll-away bed and having my son sleep on the floor with the mattress.

On the plus side, the next morning when I checked out I told them that I should not have to pay for such a terrible roll-away. After conferring with her manager, the front desk clerk deleted the charge.

Breakfast was standard budget hotel fare, with cereal, pastries and of course the ever-present waffles that my kids love.

Pool was good. Hot tub was very, very dirty.

I've stayed at a few other places in Sidney, and Days Inn is probably the best in town, but that's really not saying much.

Stay here if you are too tired to drive any further, or if you want to spend time at Cabela's, but if you can keep going, there are much better places to stay an hour or two down I-80.

Greeley
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I held my credit card for my Mother in law's room, and the hotel ran the card without actually having the card in their hands!!! They were extremely RUDE to me when confronted! I have worked in the hotel business for over 10 years and granted it was for a higher quality hotel... but there are STANDARDS! You can not run a credit card without actually having the card in your hands! I have contacted the Days inn customer line.... YEAH... still waiting! Security is definitely an issue with this hotel!

Room Tip: If you stay in Sidney choose Holiday Inn I have NEVER had a problem there!
1 Thank ericaj3475

Travelers are raving about these Sidney hotels

Layton, Utah
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel. Rooms were clean and were larger than the other hotels we had stayed in on this trip. Beds were also the most comfortable on our trip -- and we stayed at some places charging double what we paid here per night. Kids enjoyed the pool and the hot tub was nice -- there were towels and a shower area in their pool. The breakfast attendant was wonderful. She was very friendly and added breakfast items appropriately. She was very kind when our two-year old created a mess with her breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Farr West, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2012

After a very bad experience in another hotel in another city I was hoping for a better experience and was not disappointed. This hotel is very nice and clean. The pool was great and stayed open late. My kids needed this after a long day in the car. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family