“Greek in NEBRASKA?!”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
“Greek in NEBRASKA?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Cute, tiny restaurant. I'd heard they served Greek. I was craving spanakopita, but it wasn't on the menu so I just went classic Greek and got a gyro. It was good!! And it was HUGE! Half of it fell onto my plate and I ate it with a fork. The tzatziki was fabulous. And for dessert? (HELLO? YES, I got dessert!) Baklava (duh). And it was another huge portion and it was also delicious. I was told that they made it themselves.

• Visited March 2014

Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Eat the Greek food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

The reviews said eat Greek and they were right. We walked into this tiny restaurant (Sidney is the headquarters for Cabela's) and it was packed with people eating what appeared to be chicken salad on white bread. We had Gyros and they were excellent. The owner/chef came out to talk with us, asked if we would like anything else, my husband asked about Baklava and she brought the still warm tray from the kitchen. Perfect!

• Visited November 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Really?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

So I said to myself... self, how is it that a cafe/restaurant that is only open, I think, three hours a day ranks as #1 in Sidney, Nebraska. Had to find out for myself.

This is a small, cozy cafe that appears to be lodged in an old pharmacy in the center of town. The interior cannot have changed much in the last 50 years but is tastefully eclectic. Della is friendly and in retrospect I wish she had waited on me for my review may have been a bit different. The two dullard waiters seemed to only be going through the motions, no enthusiasm or even conversation. I saw Della shake here head in obvious exasperation with their lack of initiative. The food is good. I had a gyro that was tasty and well prepared, though somewhat different in presentation from what I am used to. I would order it again although I am intrigued by their souvlaki sandwich and will likely give that a whirl next time. Soft drinks are canned, not fountain. Chips are little bags. I bypassed the daily soup and sandwich offerings as I was really in the mood for a gyro. Perhaps another time. I love baklava and when told that Della makes her own I had to try it. Very good, but again, unlike any baklava I have ever had before,

Perhaps Della's is the #1 place for lunch in Sidney but the choice as #1 overall, to me, seems based on rather limited criteria.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CheshireTurkey
Park City, Utah
“Truly Remarkable Small Town Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Thanks, TripAdvisor, for steering us to a wonderful break from our road trip. Sidney is a bit remote. And the I-80 intersection provides MacDonalds and Runza. Take the extra five minutes to run into town and you'll be in for a treat with Della's Cafe.

Open only for lunch, the charming small dining room on a downtown street corner offers extraordinary food for a very reasonable price. We went with a pastrami panini and souvlaki on pita - plus the housemade cheesecake - all for just $14. Food was delicious, decor inviting, service friendly with a smile.

Just can't say enough! Our objective was to get away from fast food. TA steered us in the right direction! Only open for lunch but a worthwhile diversion from your cross country trip.

• Visited August 2013
Chappell, Nebraska
“Fresh, Delicious and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my favorite place to eat in Sidney. They use fresh ingredients, price is a value, and service is outstanding. This has become one of the ONLY places I will bring my family to eat in Sidney. Forget fast food. Price compares, but much healthier!

Visited June 2013

Been to Della's Cafe? Share your experiences!