“has the health department EVER been here?”
Review of China One Buffet

China One Buffet
Ranked #25 of 31 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 19, 2014

first it took forever to be seated, second after being seated literally only scraps left in 90% of bins on the buffet during peak lunch time third when I politely asked about refilling the buffet the cook in a rude raised tone said it takes time to cook eat that pointing at the fried food I do not eat fried food hello or I would be. Upon leaving standing in line to pay noticed the filthy environment I had just somewhat ate in feeling nauseated.

There are newer reviews for China One Buffet

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Admittedly, I did not go to this restaurant with high expectations. Based on the other reviews one would expect a hit or miss experience. I must have hit a good night. The buffet arrangement is a bit unusual but once you find your way around it seems to make sense. The hostess was most cordial and helpful in the extreme. I found the food remarkably tasty and well prepared. They were out of the Hot & Sour soup but quickly made a pot when I inquired. There was not a dish I sampled that was not as good and in some cases a bit better than what one normally encounters at Chinese Buffet Restaurants. Give them a try.

1  Thank CheshireTurkey
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Inconsistent quality, food is sometimes great, other times horrible. Nice people, too bad you can't bet on the food.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The food there was cold and yuck. When we asked about how it was served the waitress told us that "this is the way they do it in China". I doubt it.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went in around 2PM, when most buffets are winding down from lunch and preparing for the evening rush. I wasn't expecting all the foods to be full and fresh (which they weren't) but I was expecting to find that one dish that I would like and fill up on. While eating my first and only plate full I was wishing I had gone somewhere else. The food was bland, the chicken dry, and the Rangoon was chewy. However, the restaurant was clean and the staff was friendly.