“Thank you for a great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Scottsbluff - Gering
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Scottsbluff
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Thank you for a great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Outstanding place to stay! Check-in was swift and quick. The staff was helpful and attentive to my needs. Many thanks to Suzan and Haelee! Thank you for making me feel right at home. My room was clean and nicely decorated, with fresh linens and towels, the flat screen TV is nice, and the pool and hot tub was very, very nice. Plenty of choices at the breakfast bar . . . something for everyone. Will be staying here the next time I'm in Scottsbluff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I travel once a month to Scottsbluff for business. This was the second time we have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and both times our stay was very nice. I think it is the best hotel in Scottsbluff. It is a newer property, well-maintained and clean. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Down comforters and pillows on the beds make for a very homey feeling. If you take a room facing south a view of the bluff, looks back at you, but so does US Hwy 26. For the most part the hotel is quiet. The breakfast is standard fair for the "free"meal.

The only complaint I had was upon checking in. I arrived to find the front desk clerk wandering the lobby, dancing and singing to himself while clapping his hands, obviously bored. As he came back behind the counter he asked for my ID and credit card. I told him he should have the credit card on file (company card) as this was a business trip. He responded that he needed to see the card. I told him I have never had to show the card before. He told me he couldn't check me in without it. I responded by saying that I never had the card, that corporate (in Virginia) should have faxed hiim the card authorization (they have never failed to do so in the two years I have been employed with them) and I stayed at this hotel last month with no problems. He wouldn't budge and told me I could give him my personal card to run and I could settle with my company later. Insensed, I pulled out my cell phone and started calling corporate leaving messages to our corporate travel liason, saying I couldn't understand how this could be a problem. Suddenly, the clerk pulled up my stay from the prior month asking me if this stay was going to be on the same card. "Of course" I bellowed while still leaving messages. "Oh I'm sorry sir" he said sheepishly, "I can just put your room on that card." Problem solved. Methinks someone thought they got a littlle too big from their britches. Next time stay behind the counter and act like a professional.

While I was a tad annoyed at his behavior and the few moments of stress he put me through for no reason, I do like this property and everything else has been fine.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dbphelps
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Excellent place to stay, with a staff that strives to help where ever possible. Room was clean and well maintained. Were visiting to celebrate my mothers 85th birthday and the hotel went out of their way to accommodate the entire family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed for one night in late August during summer vacation. This hotel was quite nice for a one night stay, was clean and reasonably quiet, and fairly priced. Breakfast was OK, but, as is typical with these type of hotel breakfasts I find, could have used a lot more fresh fruit and whole grain foods. Pool and hot tub were quite nice. Location is on the outskirts of town, so there are few places that can be easily accessed on foot, but I fashioned a nice running route through town starting and ending at the hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank brettyb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are nice and clean. Staff is very pleasant to work with. Not to far from a few nice restaurants and shopping. I would defiantly recommend staying here. They also offer a soft and or a form pillow. The beds are quite comfortable as well.

• Stayed December 2012
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed for a week in October. This is a great property with a very friendly staff. Room was clean and comfortable and the climate control was quiet and efficient. The morning breakfast was very good, with a good variety of meat, eggs, and pancakes along with all the regular items. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tromsø - Rovaniemi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed on night here, have not really to much bad to say. Could hear the train making noise - blowing their whistle - in night - the railroad isnt too far away. We had room facing that way though. But not a too big problem.
Nice with breakfast included, even if its just typical american...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frode R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsbluff
Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsbluff Conference Center
Monument Inn & Suites
Arcadia Hotel
Arcadia Hotel
#2 of 3 in Gering

Been to Holiday Inn Express Scottsbluff - Gering? Share your experiences!