“Hampton Inn - Scottsbluff, NE”

Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsbluff Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Scottsbluff
Ashland, NE, United States
“Hampton Inn - Scottsbluff, NE”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a newly renovated hotel. The rooms are very nice; however, they did not install thermostats to regulate the heat/air unit; therefore the unit either runs constantly or you are forced to shut it off and on. The internet connection was very poor and I had difficult maintaining a connection with my work server which was very frustrating. The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. I would recommend the hotel and will certainly return, but I do hope they will consider addressing these issues sooner rather than later.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Michael H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I regular do road trips across the US and our hotel of choice on the road is Hampton. Hampton's are a great brand and you always know exactly what to expect and the service you will receive at every location. Or so we thought...
We'd booked our hotels and paid in advance via Expedia and had no problems with any other hotel on our route. However on check in here, the young man on the desk asked us to lay for our room. We showed him the Expedia voucher - stating the room at been paid for in advance - but he said the hotel had not received payment from Expedia. After asking to speak the manager, he offered to call him (he'd left for the day) who told him that we needed to speak to him in the morning. We were planning to hit the road at 7.30am, as we had a long drive ahead of us and we were told to visit reception at 7 to ask for the manager. Apparently, reception would then telephone him and he would drive into work to speak with us.
It was extremely embarrassing as other people were checking in at the same time!
I was very unhappy about the whole situation - if there was an issue with the payment between Expedia and the hotel, a good hotel would deal directly with Expedia and customers shouldn't even know a problem has occurred.
I emailed Expedia that evening explaining what had happened and when I woke up the following morning, they had emailed me to say they had called the hotel and sorted everything out. I was pretty impressed with Expedia for doing this so swiftly and the hotel confirmed this when we were checking out. However, I was really disappointed that no-one at the hotel thought it necessary to apologise to us for the very unpleasant check-in experience we received. In my opinion, the way this entire matter was handled by the hotel really let down the usually reliable Hampton brand.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Artdecolou
Mitchell, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is not the first time we stayed at this hotel. We were disappointed in the bed quality way too soft. Also the breakfast was disappointing. We had stayed in this hotel before not the same after the remodel. We also were disappointed in no fridge in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Fort Collins, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When I travel to Scottsbluff I always stay at the Hampton Inn. I prefer Hampton Inn because the staff is always welcoming, friendly and accommodating too my needs. The facility and rooms have always been clean, comfortable with outstanding service. The locations fits my needs, but wouldn’t stay any place else because of the service I receive from the staff at Hampton Inn. For all my traveling needs I check for availability at Hampton Inn’s before checking other facilities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Casper, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Attended the Wool Festival in Mitchell, Nebraska. This hotel was recommended to us from a friend as it has been newly remodeled. The hotel exceeded out expectations. Rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this hotel as a place to stay if you are in the area. It is in a good location and easy to access off the highway. We had a great time! We will definately be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Lincoln, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm pleased that the Hampton Inn has been remodeled. Room have new beds and are very attractive. The public areas are comfortable and attractive. The location provides quick access to the main highways and the hospital. I really appreciate the happy hour at the hotel and enjoy the staff. Internet connectivity is much improved over previous stays. This is my first choice of hotel in the Scottsbluff area

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Cheyenne, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

From check in to check out all my needs were met. Very nice staff and extremely clean rooms. The hotel staff were all very nice and accomodating. If I had a question they always had an answer. The Wi-Fi connection in my room was very fast and I didn't have any problems.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsbluff
Fairfield Inn & Suites Scottsbluff
#2 of 3 in Gering
Oak Tree Inn  Morrill
Oak Tree Inn Morrill
#1 of 1 in Morrill

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsbluff Conference Center? Share your experiences!