“Nasty beyond Nasty”

Ole
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Scottsbluff
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Should have listened to the girl at the Hotel. She said to go down the road to El Charrito for good food. THIS food made me physically ILL. I threw up all night. I'm from California and am used to spicy. This wasn't spicy - it was actually bad/rotten food.

1  Thank Maggie M

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed at Super 8, and walk over to this restaurant, which was nice, and allowed me to drink. Being from Mass., it was nice to see the Patriots playing on one of the TVs at the bar (far away, so it did not bother us, but close enough for me to see). My carne asada was very good, my wife's food was just plain average. Waitress was nice, she supplied our toddler with enough ketchup to dip the tortilla chips (the salsa was too spicy for him; it even made him cry). We all enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Headed to Yellowstone and passing through Scottsbluff around lunchtime. Picked Ole because it really was first place we saw when we decided to stop for lunch. A good sign was the parking lot was crowded. Got in and seated right away, waitress wasn't long to come with water and a menu, then came the tasty salsa and better than average chips PLUS a warm, thin bean dip, also tasty. In about 5 minutes we were pleased so far. Place was clean, menu offered a good variety and there were daily off-menu specials, that day being barbacoa tacos. He got chile relleno and it was in the top 3 of rellenos we've ever eaten (about 200 now in a lifetime). The pepper itself was not limp as most are, still having a little bite to it and lots of flavor. This relleno is very eggy, almost like an omelette wrapped around a pepper stuffed with a wonderful melting cheese. The accompanying beans and rice were far better than average, like this establishment cared about the little things. I got a chicken fajita salad and the chicken meat itself was near divine, very moist and flavorful. We were on the road for 10 days doing this Yellowstone trip and this was our best meal of all for road food. Ole goes beyond standard fare, with the service, the price and the atmosphere being better than average. We plan to travel again next year and put Scottsbluff and Ole Restaurant on our path.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

My wife and I were in Scottsbluff for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We weren't sure where to eat, so we chose Ole, as it was close to our motel. As soon as we opened our menus, we knew that we had made a good choice. Aside from a large selection of authentic Mexican offerings, we were pleased to find out that the restaurant has been owned by the same family for 20 years and that they make everything from scratch. This included the warm stone pot of refried beans that accompanied our complimentary nachos. We were off to a good start with the food.

Our server set a nice tone for the evening, too, as he exhibited a nice blend of helpfulness, warmth, and efficiency. When I asked him whether to go for an enticing item on the menu or for the barbecued beef special I had noticed on the way in, he rightly suggested that I go with the beef. It was excellent, as was my wife's meal. I was craving chocolate milk that night, and when it arrived at the table, I was pleasantly surprised that it was white milk served with Mexican cocoa powder in the bottom, ready for me to stir. Delicious!

We left Ole completely stuffed and very happy with our meals. We were also very happy with the price, which was less than $25, even after a tip of over 20%. If you're looking for good food and a nice dining experience in Scottsbluff, then Ole is a solid choice.