“Meh” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our Applebee's has inconsistent and slow service. For YEARS we didn't eat here because my daughter has to be Gluten Free and they could not tell us what was in ANYTHING. They have a (sort of) GF menu now. We don't have a lot of chains, so we go there sometimes, but not generally our first choice in this town.

Visited August 2012

Scottsbluff, Nebraska
“Down hill spiral”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been to this applebees since it's doors were open! I used to eat here 2-3 times a week when it first opened and loved the food In the last 10 yrs I have hardly graced the door step the last time my wife dragged me there about 1 yr ago I told our server if our appetizers came out after our meal showed up (yes it happened more than once) I was'nt going to pay for them!! they showed up 7 min later looking like they had been under the heat lamp all day and then someone poured some sauce over them to try to revive them! Manager came out and away they went, my sirlion was almost cold veggies were, and we waited on our server with emptydrinks for 15 min. This has been the story most of the times I have been in here poor food & poor service, a do not visit food place Chili's works much harder for your buisness!!!!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank macframer
“I gave them a chance...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We ate at Applebee's after visiting town (I think it was a Monday night). I have waited a week to write this review as we contacted the owners of this location (Concord Hospitality). As of today, we have not received a response from them.

We were seated promptly, but it took almost 20 minutes to get our drink order. About ten minutes later, the server took our order. She said she couldn't bring our drinks (all soft drinks) to us because they were out of glasses. As she walked away, the server in the section next to us promptly delivered three glasses of water and two of ice tea - in real glasses. 20 minutes after ordering our drinks, we received them. However, she couldn't find any straws. We got some from the server in the next section. Our appetizer arrived almost 30 minutes after our order, and the food came out 20 minutes later, sans our youngest child's order. She said some other server had taken his food. Our food was cold to touch. When we asked for refills, we only received 1/2 full glasses. Our youngest didn't get his food for another 15 minutes. The final straw? We paid for 10 wings and only received 7. It took us almost 90 minutes to eat there. When we asked about seeing a manager, we were told he was 'not available'. I will be avoiding Concord's Applebees from this point forward.

• Visited September 2012
Mitchell. NE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Takeout is great and quick.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had riblet baskets from carside & the ribs were good. The pasta dishes are also good, My favorite beverage is the pomegranate margarita - a whole lot of drink to accompany your whole meal.

Visited July 2012
“Why are your doors still open?!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Applebee's in general is not very good and never my first choice, however, while in Scottsbluff over the 4th of July, not much was open and we had just been to chili's... (should have went twice). My father had some roast beef bacon concoction that he literally could not chew as to the strings in the beef (gross!) it was accompanied by his soup choice of French onion that was nothing more than a glob of once melted and quickly hardened cheese. He is not picky and simply could not eat this. I had my go to item of.choice, chicken fajita rollup, not even warm and it seemed to be chicken mystery meat. Oh my gosh, makes me sick to re-think of that terrible meal. I seriously don't know how they stay in business.

1 Thank Tigersam97