“Burnt food, Service was terrible..”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #25 of 70 Restaurants in Scottsbluff
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Alliance, Nebraska
“Burnt food, Service was terrible..”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The reason we ate here bcoz my friend gave us a gift card for our 25th wed. anniversary. We ordered $ 20.00 for 2 plus appetizer. Our appetizer was onion rings. When they served us our onion rings it was burnt hard & cold.. We didn't eat it, told the lady to change it, she did & that was fine after waiting so long. Then our foods came out , it was burnt also. My husband ordered a riblets and it was swimming in a bbque sauce.Yuck!We lost our appetite , we can't wait to get the hell out in this establishment.No one came back to us if we wanted a refill of our drinks... We are not going back to this place again, not recommended...We rather drive all the way to rapid city SD to eat at Golden coral buffet. Good food and good service..

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank PTRS-ANN

Gering, Nebraska
“Lunch was great”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A couple of years ago, I gave up on the local Applebees after a couple of bad experiences. However, I have eaten lunch there twice in the last month, and both times had wonderful food and service. I will be back!

• Visited March 2012
“Carside was a joke”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Yet again and again I give this place chance after chance. I ordered carside was put on hold for ten minutes then finally have my order taken - I go to pick it up and didn't bother to check it when I got home it was just a piece of cold steak and a random piece of chicken nothing else! Not even close to what I ordered. Went back and it was corrected. So just tonight I ordered another carside put on hold AGAIN then some drunk lady gets on the line and tells me due to policy I have to come in and wait to pick up my food! I said okay then drove to dairyqueen for a chicken strip basket - never again.

Gering
“Staff made no effrot to seat us; Manager watched, but stayed at bar”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Applebees, even after some restructuring when Chili's came to town, has gone back to "providing" poor service. When my family and I (6 people total) went to eat, a hightop table was offered twice--even though one in the party was using a walker after having surgery, and another was a toddler. The restaurant was only 1/2 to 3/4 full at the time. The party room was not mentioned, nor were any other options. After 20 minutes of waiting, during which the manager watched the situation but never came to speak with us, we left--and went to Chili's, where service was quick and excellent. Many friends have also had poor service experiences here, and, although the food is mostly good, we will not attempt to eat there again.

• Visited January 2012
Scottsbluff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could it possibly get any worse???!!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

...the answer is YES. I'm a "local" and have endured this excuse of a restaurant for years now. Like many locals, we forget or bury our most recent lousy experience with Scottsbluff Crapplebees and hope that, somehow, things have improved. Maybe the corporate office sent a surprise team in and replaced the management? But alas...like so many dreams...this one always proves to be only false hope. The only interesting part of your "experience" is gambling on what part of it will be worse: the food or the "service." 1/3 of the employees appear to be working their tails off; 1/3 appear somewhat willing to work but utterly confused about what they should be doing; and 1/3 appear to be daydreaming about what it might be like NOT having to work at this place. Management is nowhere to be found, and I can understand why. This is the franchise Applebees corporate should send EVERY management trainee...to endure the worst in management incompetence.

Our most recent visit involved a family of 6 with one toddler needing a high-seat. Although a good 1/3 of the tables in the general seating section were open, and the ENTIRE "party room" being empty, we waited close to a half-hour before finally leaving and heading to Chilis. The only thing staff did well was open and close the doors for us.

This is a classic example of what a lack of competition can lead to. In a community with a reasonable set of alternatives to Crapplebees, it would have gone the way of the dodo. But in this small community the only similar restaurant is our "downsized" Chilis that apparently used the same architect who designed Hobbit dwellings for Lord of the Rings. Average-sized people and groups get shoehorned into cramped tables and booths and often wait to get seated. So Crapplebees, although awful, manages to survive in a town of few options.

• Visited February 2012