“Really not good”

Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Scottsbluff
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: A small, family-owned group of restaurants, hand-crafting food since 1995. We feature wood-fire grilled steaks cooked over full-size logs of oak and ash, award-winning BBQ slow-smoked on premise, homemade desserts and much more.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We received a recommendation that this was the best steakhouse in town from the front desk clerk at the Comfort Inn. Boy is he wrong. You know you are in trouble when you order your prime rib medium rare and your waiter asks, "Are you sure?" My wife, fairly confident, replied, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure!" Her meat wasn't tough, actually somewhat tender, but with absolutely no flavor whatsoever. None. And I mean zero. I ordered two cuts of shoe leather, I mean, wood fired pork chops, although leather may have tasted better. Even the salad was bad, wilted and tired, like an old man walking through Death Valley. Last time I listen to a guy named Ned behind a hotel counter.

Jennifer S, Guest Relations Manager at Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for the input on your visit. I'm so sorry to hear that your experience did not even meet satisfactory standards. Again thank you for making us aware of the problems you had.

There are newer reviews for Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My favorites are the sweet potatoes, bread and the bacon-wrapped shrimp with my steak. You will have to try the sweet potatoes with brown sugar, cinnamon and lots of butter. I love those little loaves of bread so much I can't eat my whole meal. Another favorite is always peanuts.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Even though this restaurant does not take reservations, they accommodated our party of 5 which included my 92 year old mother in law, who I didn't want to endure waiting for a table, on a cold Friday night before Christmas. I called ahead and the table was waiting for us when we arrived. Service was expedient with perfection. Steak and Salmon were very good, baked potatoes (including sweet) were yummy. Salad was a bit wilted. Prices were very fair. I have had dinner at this restaurant over a dozen times (while traveling the last 10 years) and it never has been a disappointment.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Food was okay. My steak weas not cooked correctly but they quickly corrected that problem. Wait staff was very friendly and helpfull but the gentalman who seated us was not very friendly or pleasent when we arrived which gives a bad impression. Drinks were bad but they did not make me pay for it since it was not good. Would try them again.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Not as good a value as Perkins. Good barbeque. More of a place for younger people. Large beer menu. Service is OK