“dirty rooms”

Reviewed March 19, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel room was not clean. The tv and coffee maker was covered with dust and the tray underneath the coffee maker was dirty. When I patted the cloth chair a cloud of dust came out of it. The carpet was dirty-my husband had white socks on and by the end of the evening they were not white anymore. The door would barely latch and the safety chain was too short to use. There was a hole in the ceiling with wires where I assume the smoke detector was suppose to be. The beds and pillows were old and not comfortable. The lobby was also dirty so we passed on the free very minimal breakfast and went to the gas station for coffee and donuts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shotchkin
Reviewed October 18, 2011

A large group of family stayed here for 2 nights while in town for a wedding. The rooms are clean and quite sufficient for their purpose. The proprietor checked us in and was quite insistent on everything being paid in full prior to getting a room key. A few members of our group attempted to joke a bit with him and they were met with the suggestion that they go stay somewhere else.
The continental breakfast was a bit meager- consisting of Eggo Waffles, English muffins, cereal, juice and coffee. The in-room amenities included 1 small tube of shampoo, 2 small soap bars, 2 packets of decaf coffee and 1 on-wall hair dryer. There are no irons in the room. Also, the direct TV worked in my room, but it did not work in three of the rooms that our party occupied.
Overall, it is fine if you are passing through, however I would look elsewhere if you’d like more than bed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NewEnglandGrrl
Reviewed September 27, 2011

A group of us women go on the annual Junk Jaunt of Nebraska the last full weekend of September. It is a 300 mile garage sale, lasting three days. I booked a room at the Super 8 in St. Paul NE, a few months in advance because the hotels fill up quickly for the weekend of the Junk Jaunt. I received a confirmation number when I booked and I gave him my credit card number to hold the room. We arrived on a Friday morning around 10am. I went into the office to register. The "owner" could not find my name or my confirmation number in his system. I had to write down my last name for him and then he requested I write down the confirmation number. He said the confirmation number was no good and that I probably just made it up to get a room. The hotel was full. He was not willing to help us find a room, so there was five women ready for the weekend and we had no place to stay. He then handed me a 2009 Super 8 book and told me I could look at it. He gave us NO customer service and he was very rude. I would not suggest ANYONE to stay at his hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank heff78
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Our large room provided a light, cheerful environment. There was no soap holder in the handicapped shower. An adequate complimentary breakfast was available.

• Stayed: August 2007
#2 of 22 in Grand Island
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 2 in Central City

Been to Saint Paul Inn? Share your experiences!