“Decent budget motel”
Review of Days Inn Paxton

Days Inn Paxton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paxton
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Based on variety of reviews I wasnt sure what to expect. Room has been kept up to date. Fridge and micro in room. Minor ding for cleaning the coffee maker still had left over grounds still in it. Another minor ding ice machine was moved into service station so a longer than avg walk for ice. Breakfast was better than expected, cereal, bagels, rolls, ... no fruit and as someone previously pointed out while there was a waffle maker and syrup was out the mix was not out even when the breakfast opened at 6 am, If you are a very light sleeper I did hear faint sounds form highway and trains again very faint

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2011

Our best motel experience. Very helpful front desk. Fridge and microwave in room. Free breakfast. Owned by a Korean, impeccably clean, quiet, firm mattress. Near Ole's Steak House in Paxton.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Really planned to stay in Ogallala, but wanted to dine at Ole's Big Game Steakhouse in Paxton and not have to backtrack to Ogallala, so we chose this hotel. Seems to be a one person operation: hotel, gas station, market, etc. Older property needing a lot of attention, i.e., noisy A/C unit (but if you don't have it on, the trucks on I-80 will keep you awake), paper coming off bathroom walls, etc. Housekeeping leaves something to be desired. Dead rolly-polly bugs behind bathroom door; dead beetles showing in A/C vents, etc. Car wash, which we badly needed, was not working. This could be a good, convenient stop with more help, and a little more investment. The people running the place are nice; it's just too big a job.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This is a small motel that has a gas station next to it. Room doors open directly to the parking lot. It offers a small breakfast service in the lobby (muffins, waffles, cereal, juices, and coffee). The room is small but it does a mini refrigerator with an ice cube tray in it. Small bathroom with separate sinks, but the bathroom was not very nice--wallpaper falling down, stains in tub, terrible shower head, not many towels. The sheets on the beds were clean but we weren't sure about the bedspreads. The beds were very soft. There was a good selection of tv channels. Ice machine was broken. Overall, it was an okay place to stay if you need to stay in Paxton, but in the future we'll drive another 20 minutes to Ogallala.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

What's really interesting is they even charged me more for the room than what I was originally quoted. I informed Al I would be staying with my son and his family in their room 20 miles away. I called three days in advance to inform them I would not be staying at their facility. I talked to Al and "was informed it would not cost me". If the manager feels I did not give enough advance notice, he should not have charged me the full price of a room - which was even higher then I was quoted in the first place. I've stayed there before, but it's the last time I'll do business with them. Marguerite Doucet

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Taking my son to college. He is allergic to smoke so I made sure they reserved me a no smoking room. When we arrived - after 9- there were no other rooms left and the room smelled badly of a dog. They came and sprayed something but my son had difficulty sleeping all night. The beds have pillow top and were very comfortable. It is very interesting as the place is also a campground, convenience store, and car wash. There is one family running the whole operation.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Looking for a place to stay between SW Wyoming and Iowa, I chose Paxton's Days Inn. Check in was a breeze, the desk staff was very helpful. The room was terrific and very quiet. I stayed in a second floor room, and had a terrific night's sleep.

The internet connection was fast -- which is a plus! There is a gas station/convenience store adjacent to the motel property -- I was able to walk over and cure my late night craving for pizza! Near the end of a two week road trip, this was one of the best motels I had stayed at, and for the price, unbeatable!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paxton
Travelodge Ogallala
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
#4 of 10 in Ogallala

Been to Days Inn Paxton? Share your experiences!