“Fantastic ”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I don't often give 5stars to a place but this restraunt and bar deserves it. I had a delicious steak with shrimp here. But it's the very unusual decor and history that really creates the experience. Ole was a big game hunter. The bar and restraunt have trophy animals from all over the world mounted on display. It's more like a natural history museum combined with a restraunt. It's very interesting and impressive. The animals were hunted back in the 60s and earlier. These days conservation protects such species. The story of how Ole could afford such a lifestyle is equally as impressive and interesting. Just ask the friendly staff there. It's a must stop on and trip along I80 in Nebraska

Tim H, Owner at Ole's Big Game Steakhouse & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Sir: Thanks for stopping and the review. I will pass you comments onto the staff!

Reviewed November 6, 2017

While driving across country to move our daughter we took a break for lunch and were so fortunate to find Ole's. This is such a fun, interesting place to eat. The decor is very family oriented with lots of pictures and animal heads on the walls. The floors and tables are all real wood and the place was very clean and inviting. Our waitress was very upbeat and pleasant. Their menu is extensive and the food we received was delicious and above what was expected. My husband and daughter had the shaved roast beef sandwich on special that day and I had the club sandwich. Everything was presented well on our plates and the portions were ample for lunch.

Tim H, Owner at Ole's Big Game Steakhouse & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Hi: Thanks for stopping and the review! I will pass your comments on to the staff.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We met family here as we headed for Wyoming and they were heading home to Papillion, NE. My husband I split the special of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and glazed carrots! It was delicious and just the right amount! Great comfortable atmosphere and great service! Highly recommend!

Tim H, Owner at Ole's Big Game Steakhouse & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Thank you for the review. I will pass on your comments to the staff.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

I debated between four and five stars for this Plains icon; since it's a real must-see if you're out there, five it is.

The taxidermy and the story behind it is every bit as impressive as you would think. This is a true Nebraska legend - with great food, too. The menu isn't innovative - it's pure Nebraska steakhouse - but there's not one thing wrong with that, especially if there's a picky eater in the group. I recommend the sweet potatoes.

And, yes, they do serve mountain oysters. They're done as well here as anywhere, so if you're curious, this is your chance. (They are very good, btw.)

We appreciate you stopping. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed September 28, 2017

This was a great treat to return to Ole's a terrific restaurant with an atmosphere that is not to be repeated anywhere. If you do not like to see dead animals, do not go. But it is unique in the world now. The food is hometown delicious and beef is unbeatable Nebraska Black Angus. Service is also really great!

1  Thank RonaldBangkok