“Well its not like anyplace eles.”

Ole's Big Game Steakhouse & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Paxton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Springfield, Illinois
“Well its not like anyplace eles.”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

its worth the trip. The number of mounts is staggering. iIs a little dark and older but friendly. A tourist attraction or a place to say u have been. Food fine and beer is cold.

• Visited April 2011

Wallace, Nebraska
“Great atmosphere and great food.”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Nebraska has some of the nation's best beef and the staff at Ole's know how to cook a steak. The waitress was friendly, the price was affordable, and the food was great. We are so happy that the trophy animals are being preserved so well.

1 Thank Mickey028
Otisville, Michigan, United States
“BEST STEAK IN THE U.S”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

we made this stop on our way home to Michigan from Arizona my dauhter found Ole's using YELP Ole's is a great place to eat, and take in the sceanery of the bar and learn about it's history which is quite colorful and very interesting the service was great and the steak was the best I have ever had and I am an avid steak (and any other red meat) griller and steak house visitor and have yet to find any thing that compares keep up the good work Holzfasters I keep telling my wife we are taking a road trip this summer on our Harley hopefuly with plenty of friends for the sole purpose of eating at least 2 more of those Awesome steaks before heading home to Michigan almost makes me wanna move to Nebraska this is definatly a 5 STAR establishment without the fancy atmosphere or high prices and small portions anyone not offended by dead animals has got to stop in for a visit and even if you are you should still stop in for food just dont look at them

• Visited August 2011
“Good service, tasteless food”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Ole's is a Nebraska tradition, with a polar bear to greet you. But the food we had was tasteless and luke warm. We had chicken fried steak (grisly) and hot roast beef. They said the meat was their own beef. But It tasted like the cheap store bought meat you get at other restaurants. Rolls were hard and stale. This was the worst meal we've had on a two week trip, by far.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank NebSenior
Lincoln, Nebraska
“See it to believe it”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We decided to take the advice of friends and stop in Paxton for lunch. I was unprepared for number of beheaded and stuffed wildlife - I am sure this is the main attraction of this place. The bathroom was disgusting - corroded and dingy. This finding ruined my appetite. The burger I ordered was large and the few bites I ate were tasty.

• Visited September 2011