“BEST STEAK IN THE U.S”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2011

we made this stop on our way home to Michigan from Arizona my dauhter found Ole's using YELP Ole's is a great place to eat, and take in the sceanery of the bar and learn about it's history which is quite colorful and very interesting the service was great and the steak was the best I have ever had and I am an avid steak (and any other red meat) griller and steak house visitor and have yet to find any thing that compares keep up the good work Holzfasters I keep telling my wife we are taking a road trip this summer on our Harley hopefuly with plenty of friends for the sole purpose of eating at least 2 more of those Awesome steaks before heading home to Michigan almost makes me wanna move to Nebraska this is definatly a 5 STAR establishment without the fancy atmosphere or high prices and small portions anyone not offended by dead animals has got to stop in for a visit and even if you are you should still stop in for food just dont look at them

There are newer reviews for Ole's Big Game Steakhouse & Lounge

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Ole's is a Nebraska tradition, with a polar bear to greet you. But the food we had was tasteless and luke warm. We had chicken fried steak (grisly) and hot roast beef. They said the meat was their own beef. But It tasted like the cheap store bought meat you get at other restaurants. Rolls were hard and stale. This was the worst meal we've had on a two week trip, by far.

3  Thank NebSenior
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We decided to take the advice of friends and stop in Paxton for lunch. I was unprepared for number of beheaded and stuffed wildlife - I am sure this is the main attraction of this place. The bathroom was disgusting - corroded and dingy. This finding ruined my appetite. The burger I ordered was large and the few bites I ate were tasty.

2  Thank ESP45667
Reviewed September 12, 2011

What an enjoyable evening we spent at Ole's in Paxton, NE. Ole's has a unique atmosphere, with their display of all the various animals that were hunted & now mounted on their walls, throughout the restaurant & you are greeted with a huge glass display of a Polar Bear. The food was excellent & the price was right! (four adults ~ 2 kids). They have a games room ~ pull tabs(rip open tickets) ~ and keno! So there was a lot to amuse us! A great time was shared by us all & our bellies were happy :) That was my second visit to Ole's & hoping for many more returns in the future ~ cheers *\o/*

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Ole may have been able to hunt and cook, but I'm not so sure about the present staff. The burger I had was dry, the fries cold. And our waitress did an outstanding job of ignoring us. Should've known what to expect of the food when I went to the restroom and it absolutely reeked! If the kitchen is half as filthy as the restroom ... yeah. If you're looking for a break from the boring I80 trek across Nebraska, stop in and survey the dusty trophies. Perhaps even buy a beer. But dine at your own risk!

3  Thank blandboy