“See it to believe it”

Ole's Big Game Steakhouse & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Paxton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Lincoln, Nebraska
“See it to believe it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We decided to take the advice of friends and stop in Paxton for lunch. I was unprepared for number of beheaded and stuffed wildlife - I am sure this is the main attraction of this place. The bathroom was disgusting - corroded and dingy. This finding ruined my appetite. The burger I ordered was large and the few bites I ate were tasty.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank ESP45667

Oshawa, Canada
“Great Food & Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

What an enjoyable evening we spent at Ole's in Paxton, NE. Ole's has a unique atmosphere, with their display of all the various animals that were hunted & now mounted on their walls, throughout the restaurant & you are greeted with a huge glass display of a Polar Bear. The food was excellent & the price was right! (four adults ~ 2 kids). They have a games room ~ pull tabs(rip open tickets) ~ and keno! So there was a lot to amuse us! A great time was shared by us all & our bellies were happy :) That was my second visit to Ole's & hoping for many more returns in the future ~ cheers *\o/*

• Visited August 2011
Quad Cities USA
“Great natural history museum, lousy restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Ole may have been able to hunt and cook, but I'm not so sure about the present staff. The burger I had was dry, the fries cold. And our waitress did an outstanding job of ignoring us. Should've known what to expect of the food when I went to the restroom and it absolutely reeked! If the kitchen is half as filthy as the restroom ... yeah. If you're looking for a break from the boring I80 trek across Nebraska, stop in and survey the dusty trophies. Perhaps even buy a beer. But dine at your own risk!

3 Thank blandboy
Thunder Bay, Canada
“The largest amount of stuffed animals in one restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I were on the tail end of our trip to Yellowstone National Park. (that review soon to come) We arrived at Ole's right at noon in a blazing temperature of 41 Celcius (105.8 F). The town of Paxton is very small, so there was plenty of parking on the street. As you enter Ole's, your eyes are immediately drawn to the hundred's of dead animals that have been stuffed and placed in every position throughout the restaurant. Animals range from moose and polar bear from northern Canada to a zebra and a giraffe from Africa. He even has an elephant that he shot and somehow brought back to Paxton Nebraska. Ole's goal was to travel to every continent on earth and shoot as many animals as possible that he could bring back to his restaurant. The atmosphere in the restaurant is sureal. Families are eating all type of meals while sitting under all sorts of enangered species that Ole hunted during his very exciting life. The salad and bread that we ordered for takeout was wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant for people of all ages!!

• Visited July 2011
Peoria IL
“Not your typical freeway lunch stop.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Western Nebraska has an underappreciated charm, and the same can be said for Ole's. The menu is steak, burgers and related fare, the service friendly and the prices reasonable. A PETA nightmare covers the walls but you can imagine that Hemingway might have tread here. I love small town, local joints for their unique personality, and Ole's offers just that.

• Visited July 2011