“Dirtiest place I've stayed in any country I've visited!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Ogallala
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I was shown 3 rooms before I found one that looked somewhat clean and didn't smell. Little did I know what was to come! There were dead bugs throughout the room, the bath tub had hair and a dirty scum ring, the toilet had hair on it, the microwave had old food in it, the wifi didn't work, and the furniture hadn't been dusted. I settled for this room because I had been driving for 12 hours and it was too late to find a vacancy in another motel (plus I was worried I would be charged because I had a reservation here.) After showering I took a bath towel off the rack and discovered it had been used (filthy!) and folded back up to look like it was clean. The WORST part was checking the bed. When I turned the pillow cases over (the clean side had been left facing up) they were absolutely disgusting - obviously they had been used by someone with a very dirty and sweaty face. I gave up at that point and stripped the bed and pillows, got out my sleeping bag and slept in that for the night. Only good news was that the manager didn't charge me for the room - I brought the pillow cases and towel to the office and showed him the evidence. He wasn't the least bit apologetic or surprised - he just shrugged his shoulders and looked at me like "what's the problem?" This place does not get cleaned at all - avoid it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank M L

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Thought this was a nice and affordable hotel. I had a very restful night. Close to places to eat. I would stay again.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lnjjacob
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Motel looks very plain but, the room was exactly what we needed for the price we paid.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Kspicardi
Reviewed May 16, 2010

The old saying of "Don't judge a book by it's cover holds true for this motel. With the newer motels in Ogallala, the Rodeway Inn, (formally the Econo-Lodge) shows it's outer age. We decided to give it a try. The desk person was very helpful and friendly. He recomended "The Spur" for our evening dinner. Again, we were very satisfied. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a very restful stay and will stay here again when in the area. One other thing, their price was the most reasonable of all of the motels we checked in Ogallala. Nice job, Rodeway.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank DreamChasers2
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Husband went to check in lobby stunk and turned around and left. A 2x4 was holding up the roof....I would rather sleep in my car!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple