“Nice!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ogallala
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Traveled there over the 4th of July weekend. Booked the hotel on line with no problem. Got the King Deluxe Room which is a bit bigger than a regular king room. Staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean........better than I expected. The only issue is that not everyone who is staying for more than 1 night wants to leave their room early for the staff to service the rooms. When people are on vacation, they do like to sleep in or rest awhile before going out. I was disappointed that there was no one on staff to service our room after 2:00 pm. Should be someone there later than that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ida D, General Manager at Super 8 Ogallala, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank You for your review I am glad you had a great stay and that everything was clean and the staff was friendly, I am sorry that you did not get service for your room. The staff is very efficient in their duties and try to get their jobs done as quickly as possible. If you let the front desk know you will be out late but would like service we would try to accomodate that request. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
St. George, Utah
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel is outdated & needs some sprucing up. Our room stunk to high-heaven of "cinnamon"? Had to open the window & our door to get a cross wind to clear it out. Bathroom was pretty mildewy & yucky. Questionable construction on bathroom sink...just a few 1x2s holding it up. Shower/tub was dangerously slick. Room didn't have an all-that-clean feel to it. Jacuzzi was out of order. Breakfast variety was good & staffed with an attendant that kept everything stocked & clean. Front desk staff was very efficient & nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments I am glad my staff was very helpful. We will be updating more rooms this fall when time permits.I will have maintenance check on the sink. We are putting in some very nice marble sinks in the future along with more 32" flat screen T.V.'s. I did check to see if the Hot Tub was down at the time you stayed and I could find no records of it being closed. I am glad you enjoyed our superstart breakfast.Thank You again for the review.
Mapleton, IA
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Only giving 3 stars because the rooms although dated are really clean and the hotel was pet friendly with truck parking. However I really needed to do laundry and when I asked about the laundry facility I was told I couldn't do our laundry because it was after nine. Thanks "Mom" didn't know I had a curfew. Ended up having to wear clothes over again the next day as I didn't have much packed for this unexpected trip and had no clean clothes. Ruined the entire next day for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Outside of office door the trash can was overflowing, that should have been my clue. Also on the way to our room there was a large group of people gathered at a table outside the door and the doors were filthy. The room smelled of sour smoke and it was suppose to be a non smoking room . The bathroom did seem clean but the overall feeling was " hummm do I want to get in that bed?" We could hear the group of people in our room and had had to turn up the air to try and drown them out! . unfortunately for me I now have to listen to my husband say " we should have saved our $80 and stayed at the rest area..it would have been better"

• Stayed July 2013
Ida D, General Manager at Super 8 Ogallala, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank You for your review I do apologize for the trash outside the front door on Sat. I know that we were full for that night and I will make sure my desk staff or housekeeping staff check that daily on the weekend.It is emptied regularly during the week, I stopped out on Sun afternoon and emptied it. We had a lot of guest here for a wedding so guess they were still visiting. The front desk staff will try to get guest to quiet down after about 10pm. I am glad that the bathroom was clean and we have very nice beds.I do hope you tried our superstart breakfast in the morning.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogallala
Quality Inn
Days Inn Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
#4 of 8 in Ogallala
Holiday Inn Express Ogallala

Been to Super 8 Ogallala? Share your experiences!