“Nice Place for an Overnight”

Travelodge Ogallala
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Ogallala
Fairbury
“Nice Place for an Overnight”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a remodeled roadside motel. So if you're looking for something a little more modern I would look else where. But, for my families purposes this was just the ticket. We were passing through Nebraska for a ski trip in Colorado, and this was a pleasant place to stay. It was clean and well kept. The kids loved the pool and spa area, which is a good way to blow off some of their pent up energy from sitting in the car all day. My only grip would be that the heating/air unit was cycling constantly through out the night, which kept me up on and off, but over all I would stay at this Best Western again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Maurice J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Seattle
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here on a trip east and the room was the usual for Best Western which is good at its worst I've found. The room was decent size but a bit overcrowded with furniture. Everything was clean and fresh. There is a restaurant attached and we were told it was good but a little pricey. There are several options for food. Breakfast was typical hot food fare. Eggs, waffles, sausage and an assortment of cold items. There is a pool and a big hot tub. The bed was comfortable and we didn't have any noise issues. The only real drawback to the place is the almost nonexistent wifi. If I hadn't had my laptop to hardware to the Internet I wouldn't have been using the internet. Would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie G
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times now alone and with another and the bed is very comfortable, clean and the room is a nice size. I felt safe the times I stayed here alone. I didn't like that there is no microwave in the room but when we asked for one they hooked us up without additional charges. I did not fine the breakfast to my liking but the Denny's across the street is pretty good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa A
Trinh L, Manager at Travelodge Ogallala, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Lisa,
Thank you for considering us a dependable hotel. We strive every day to do our best with customer service, cleanness and reliability. We want you to feel safe, and I’m glad you didn’t have any concerns about your safety. A microwave is always available to you when needed. We are also always looking for ways to improve our breakfast. Please feel free to let us know what else we can do to improve your stay, and we hope you come back and visit us again. Thank you again for the feedback.
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed March 19, 2013

On our way to Colorado two weeks ago, we decided to wait out a snowstorm at the next exit (Ogallala). What a wonderful surprise to find out that the Best Western not only had rooms, but allowed dogs! Really pretty decor, very comfortable, convenient (walking in the snow!) to several places to buy food and drink, an excellent hot-and-cold breakfast... Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica L
Jessica,
Thank you so much for all of your positive feedback. The snow storm was a big surprise for us, and we would have been a little more prepared if we knew they were going to close the highway but I’m so glad that you didn’t have any troubles during your stay. We try our best to accommodate everyone including our pets. We hope you come visit us again. Thank you again for the great feedback, we truly appreciate it.
Hayward
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A good rate for seniors and $10 pet fee. There is a large grassy area plus a nice trail behind the hotel for the dog. the rooms were adequate and clean. No bedbugs: I always check the mattress before placing suitcases on soft surfaces. We would definitely stay again. Didn't try the restaurant next door; instead went to a truck stop. That was a mistake; poor quality food. Next time we'll try the steak house as other guests had good opinions of it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Trinh L, Manager at Travelodge Ogallala, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Diane,

We are so happy to know that you had such a great experience with us last week. We love our pets and we couldn't imagine a hotel that didn't accommadate them. I m so glad your standards were met. Our housekeepers strive everyday to keep the rooms clean and bed bug free. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and I definitly recommend trying the steak house next time. Take care!
Alliance
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The only problem with the room was the outside noise late at night, but it was minor. The staff was helpful, but it is the first time I've ever gotten a reminder about checkout before check out time! I've stayed here before and I will stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Trinh L, General Manager at Travelodge Ogallala, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Ellen,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know how we are doing. Is the noise that you heard something that we can prevent on your next stay? I truly apologize for the early check out reminder. I will have a talk with our house keepers so they won’t do that prior to check out. We hope that next time you stay with us; you continue to let us know how we are doing. If I can help you in any other way, feel free to contact our hotel directly.
Newport, Minnesota
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Was a good place to stay but not for an extended amount of time. Rooms were out of date. Beds were not great, just okay. Not much other choices in Ogallala, NE that was for sure. Not sure we would stay again, would probably keep driving to another city. There were no food choices around aside from a small diner that was next door. Chose to go to McDonald's instead. Probably should have just had some crackers. Room was quiet and clean so that was a bonus.

Room Tip: Looks like they have done some major upgrades as of 01/2013