“terrible customer service”

Travelodge Ogallala
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Ogallala
Reviewed November 8, 2012

When asking for room rates over the phone the lady was incredibly rude, changed rates on me within 10 minutes, and her tone was less than professional. This hotel lost my business. The date of the call was 11/08/12. Super 8 was much easier and friendlier.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Limited choices in Ogallala, but this place was fine. An old motel, but fair price, and close to I80. Good WiFi, Good cable. Breakfast was about average for Best Western Motels. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dochasnow
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a old hotel which is not very clean!!! It is a very noisy location. The lady at the front desk was not friendly at all!! The morning breakfast was just okay. Way overpriced for what you get compared to other chain hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here twice within 2weeks. On the way out to Colorado and the way back from Colorado. Called at last minute No reservations. was able to assist me with a room each time. Easy to get in and out of parking lot(we had a trailer). I was very happy with breakfast. Nice selection. And the women working the breakfast was very nice. Even gave her a tip since. Both times I eat different things and was very happy. I figure with cost of stay and as much as we ate for breakfast we got our money worth. Liked having outside entry. Would stay anytime. Only thing I would say didn't like was that resturant/bar next to hotel closes at 10 would be nice if it were open alittle later for travelers. Would have gotten a drink if available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was a little surprised when I pulled in to the motel (it really is a motel in my mind) because I had the beautiful picture shown above of the blue sky and spacious, empty parking lot surrounding the property. This is NOT the reality of the inn's location. It is in between a very busy truck stop and an unfortunately named restaurant/convenience store chain and the interstate. I am travelling by myself, so I didn't feel particularly safe with an outside entrance and groups of men hanging around watching me upack my car while they smoke outside their construction trucks. Because of the setup, it can be noisy sometimes.

The room itself is quite nice. Very clean. It doesn't have modern furniture, but the pieces in the room are very well taken care of and it almost makes it feel like you're staying in someone's guest room at their home.

Overall, if it were picked up and moved down the road to a nice, grassy lot away from the busy businesses, I would have liked it a lot more!

Room Tip: If you're worried about car security, I would ask for a west facing room. If you want a quieter...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

After reading some of the negatives we almost cancelled our overnight here, however we have traveled extensively and were up for a challenge. From check in to check out we were very pleased with our experience. Yes this is an older motel much like the ones found along the ancillary highways or the Fla. Keys. Our room 132 was spotless, the furnishings were dated but clean and well kept. The room was spacious with 2 tables and chairs and a king bed. Internet access and TV worked well. There were construction workers from the interstate staying there, all polite young men who petted our dogs and spoke when they passed us. Breakfast was delightful. homemade steak burritos, bacon and egg english muffins. There was a crock pot full of homecooked oatmeal and another with ham and potatoes that were delicious. Over all it was more like a bed and breakfast or country inn experience. If you like predictable cookie cutter places to stay than maybe this is not for you. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back away from I-80
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cooki47
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We made a last-minute to stay here and found our accommodations to be very comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were quiet. Especially with the nice breakfast included, I was very satisfied with my stay. We had drinks and an appetizer at the attached restaurant...and the food and service there was also good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogallala
Quality Inn
#1 of 10 in Ogallala
Super 8 Ogallala
Super 8 Ogallala
#3 of 10 in Ogallala

Been to Travelodge Ogallala? Share your experiences!