“Wholesome Tasty Food”

Golden Spur
Ranked #16 of 35 Restaurants in Ogallala
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This restaurant was located on the same property as our hotel and therefore conveniently located and also recommended by them.
It is a saloon style setting, serving mostly steaks but it does have some chicken, burgers, pasta and soups & salads on the menu. The food was tasty and wholesome and the portions were good.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped and stayed in Ogallala for one night on our way to Colorado. We chose to stay at the Best Western because it had an indoor pool our two grade school children could swim in. They were in a hurry to get to the pool so we ate at The Spur because it is connected to the Best Western. We were hesitant because the reviews weren't very good but we were pleasantly surprised. The interior reminded me of a Texas T-bone. There were free peanuts on the table. The mashed potatoes, salad dressings and Bloody Mary mix were all home made. Our waiter was excellent and my chicken fried chicken was huge. Nice atmosphere. Large portions. Homemade food. Convenient location.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The restaurant was close to the Holiday Inn so we went. Service was slow. The beer was cold. The food really lacked, especially the steak. Something happened in the kitchen as the place filled with smoke. We had to leave it was so bad. Not many choices out that way so give it a try.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

No seriously. My wife and I are traveling back to Park City, UT from our wedding in MN. Due to my breaking my arm two weeks ago we decided to postpone our honeymoon in Costa Rica and just take a minimoon at Beaver Creek in CO. After a long days drive we pulled into the Days Inn and walked over to The Spur for a quick bite. It's surrounded by gas stations and fast food joints so I wasn't expecting much. Reviews weren't great but my wife checked the website and it looked inviting. Place was nice inside, clean and looked recently renovated. Love the free peanuts you can throw on the floor. Service was great, beer was cold, steak was great and cooked perfectly. Wife's salad was gigantic and she enjoyed it. It might be a touch pricey but whatever it's not that bad. For a steakhouse right off the interstate in the middle of Nebraska it was much better than expected. I would totally eat there again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Golden Spur used to be very good. I have been stopping by for years when I am out in Ogallala, Nebraska.

The food itself was ok - average

The prices - way too high - way out of line with the area. Big City prices in a small town.

The cleanliness - not the best - not as clean and as well organized as it used to be.

Overall - the restaurant has slipped - in quality - from what it was in the years past.

Been to Golden Spur? Share your experiences!