“worst Denny's ever”

Denny's
Ranked #25 of 35 Restaurants in Ogallala
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Slow food service; busboy argued with waitress in front of customers; busboy used same bucket of dirty water and rag to clean off several tables; employee cleaned out floor sweeper in dining area; food overcooked; floors dirty; worst Denny's ever! Will never return.

There are newer reviews for Denny's

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have a family of 4 and on our way to our grandparents we decided to stop and eat at Dennys.. As we walked in the host sat us and told us the waitress will be right over.. SHE NEVER SHOWED... It took the cook coming out checking on his tables if the food was good and noticed we were just sitting there two kids and my husband.. He took our order and not 5 MINUTES he had it out and ready with treats for the kids. Bracken the cook took our order and ran that place like he's the only one who wants his job. I've seen lots of places like this and he should be manager instead of the fat manger eating in the back booth, and all the stuck up snobs working there.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We usually stop at the awesome Perkins in Kearney,NE, but the timing wasn't quite right. So, we drove on to Ogallala. Denny's is a chain like Perkins right? It'll be the same right? NOT! The place is dirty. Tables not being cleaned off, carpet, walls, everything, just dirty. The waitresses all seem pissed off. Few words, "Follow me." Sit down, wait forever. Finally, another disgruntled waitress comes to take our order. Wait, wait, no coffee being poured, no meals coming out. About 40 minutes later food comes out. It's Denney's. I have to say, a guy, who I guess was the cook came out and asked if everything was ok. That was cool, didn't have the heart to tell him some food was cold, just said thanks, and got out if there. Dirty, bad service, ok food, just try somewhere else.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Heard there was new management at Denny's so decided to go back and try once more. Oh my gosh, how can any restaurant be so slooooow when there are only 6 tables occupied and 3 servers wandering around? Our waitperson actually dumped a glass of water on a lady at a nearby table. This place just can't get it right. When it first opened, it was doing pretty good and then it nosedived and just isn't improving much. We're done.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Went to the men's room. Filthy floors, filthy doors, barnyard smell, two stalls no toilet paper in either one.
Service takes ten minutes until you get coffee. Food comes fifteen minutes after that, napkins and silverware a few minutes later. Hash browns are crusty and burnt, cheese on top of them is still cold and not melted. I was so hungry I are it anyway while the two guys in the next booth still waited for their meals -- waitress had taken their order before me.
Denny's is the only sit-down restaurant at the interstate exit ramp. Go further into town and you'll find a few decent places, or try the Runza burger joint across the street. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!