“Not quite up to the normal Quality Inn standard”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ogallala
Pocatello, Idaho
“Not quite up to the normal Quality Inn standard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Quality Inn advertises it has "recently been remodeled" well I think they need to look at all the rooms before making this statement. The first room we were give had not been cleaned (dirty sheets) and we were changed to another room where we found an old outdated bathroom with the tub/shower very old and yellowed and the sink, well I didn't think these were still in any hotel since the 80's. The décor was OK but the air conditioner/heater was so noisy it would wake you up at night. The gap around the door was more than just a crack. A lot of construction workers in the other rooms as you could hear the outside noise quite loudly. Room had fridge and microwave but we never used them. No luggage stand just has a desk to set your bag on. Carpet could use a cleaning and the musty smell just smelled "old". This hotel is just not up to the standard Quality Inn normal and definitely not a 2 1/2 star, more like a 1 to a 1 1/2 star equal to a Motel 6 or super 8. Will not be back if traveling thru again. There are several other hotels in this area that looked much better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JJHI, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Debbie,

My sincerest apologies! It sounds like you were booked into one of our older pet rooms, which should not have been the case! I'm actually in the process of re-doing all of those rooms over the next 2 weeks with new bedding, carpet cleaning, fixtures, etc. I'd love for you to contact me the next time you're in town so I can show you one of our remodeled rooms.

Thank you very much for your business, and again, I apologize that your visit was not up to our normal standard. I'm working hard to insure that all of our guests have an enjoyable visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Quality Inns are usually low on my list for budget hotels, however, this one was pretty good.

The bed, pillows, shower, toiletries and towels were all fine.

The room had a TV, microwave, fridge and clock with AUX for iPod.

Free WIFI and parking, but breakfast was via a discount voucher for the in-house Denny's!

You could do worse than stay here when in Ogallala.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We have recently remodeled and are striving to make sure every guest has a pleasant and comfortable stay.

Our breakfast partnership with Denny's includes a free Value Slam of 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, and Coffee. You also have the option to use the voucher as a $4.00 gift certificate toward any meal of your choice.

We hope you'll come to visit us again when you're next passing through Ogallala.
Tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Got a 3 coupons to Denny's for 3.99 when I checked in for me, my wife, and kid. When we ate there the next morning it reminded me why I haven't eaten there since 1999. The food was terrible. Fortunately this is not a review for Denny's...

Chose this motel to crash for the night while on a road trip. Our room/bathroom was clean and it had a nice flat panel TV. However the room had an unpleasant stale odor. My wife called the front desk to let them know and they offered us a different room, which we declined. Thankfully my wife carries a very good room air freshener with her for situations like that. Once she sprayed it was much better. I did notice two or three dead bugs in the corner by the front door, but I can forgive it because the rooms do open to the outside, however housekeeping should be more on top of those things.

Our stay at this Quality Inn was good for just what it was; a rest stop. Would stay here again but only for that purpose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JJHI, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Devin P,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. I'm very sorry that your experience was not up to the highest of standards. I took over management of the hotel on August 15 and have been working feverishly to restructure the processes and implement a better framework for our staff to follow. I hope you will stay with us again and that you'll find the experience to be much more pleasant.

I've also shown your review to the managers at Denny's and am working with them to improve the food quality and service. A good breakfast experience is important to us and we want to make sure all of our guests are taken care of no matter where they are on the property.

Best wishes you and your family and we hope to see you again.
Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was clean - contrary to other reviewers, the room we had was clean and updated. The pool is outdoor only. Also there is no free breakfast, just a $4 off coupon per adult to the Denny's next door. To me this isn't 2.5 star hotel rating, should be 2 star. However, we got a discount by booking priceline 'bid your own' so it was ok for what we paid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JJHI, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Ideninge,

I'm very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations of the rating of our hotel. I'm a new General Manager and just started on August 15. I'd love to hear more details so I can work to improve the property and staff service. Please email me at jill@qualityinnogallala.com.

Thank you!

Travelers are raving about these Ogallala hotels

Bremen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

It takes a lot for me to give a bad review, but think twice before staying at this hotel. We were just passing through this town on our way home from a vacation in Yellowstone. It was around 8 p.m. and we just wanted to get checked in, find dinner and get our kids bathed & put to bed. However, upon checking in the room we found it to be -not so clean-. The sink still had somebody's hair in it from where a man had probably shaved. The sink also had some dirt & grime in it that hadn't been cleaned out either. I don't think anybody even attempted to clean it, from the looks of it. The room in general didn't seem as clean as you would expect. The gentleman at the front desk was friendly enough & he did give us a new room, which still wasn't the cleanest. I had to rinse some dirt out of the tub before we used the shower. I didn't even bother complaining the second time. Housekeeping for this hotel is very poor in my opinion. FYI breakfast is not included here either, but they do give you a $3 off coupon for Denny's right next door, but that is a whole other bad review in itself (and like I said it takes a lot for me to give a bad review)! You might want to avoid this whole town altogether!!!

Room Tip: As to see the room before you pay. First floor rooms are $5 extra.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear JB,

I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience at our hotel. A dirty room is in no way acceptable! I took over as General Manager on August 15 and have made some changes in the housekeeping department. We have now implemented the Room Inspector program so that the cleanliness of every room is verified before it is rented out to a new guest.

I've also worked with Denny's to make some changes to the breakfast offering. Every guest, both adults and children, will receive a voucher for a free Value Slam which includes: two pancakes, two eggs, two bacon or sausage, and coffee. Additionally, our guests have the option to use the breakfast voucher as a $4.00 gift certificate toward any meal of their choice.

I hope that all of our guests will have a much more pleasing experience than you described. Thank you for your feedback!
Lincoln
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I checked in late on July 22 and received less than professional service. We chose Quality Inn because they are part of the Choice Hotels chain. We were told there were only 2nd floor king bed rooms available, which was fine with us. There were several long dark hair strands all over the bathroom floor, in the shower and on the towels! We even found hair in the bed. The couch had several stains on the cushions, to the point we were not comfortable using the couch. This morning between 7:00am - 9:00am there were three incidents which members of the cleaning staff tried using a key card to access our room! No knocking, or announcing who they were.

• Stayed July 2013
Madera, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here on the second night of our trip east to Wisconsin. Check in was fast and friendly. The room was a bit dated but clean and comfortable.
The hotel has a Denny's restaurant and a Sports bar attached. Lots of parking if you are towing a trailer or driving a large vehicle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogallala
Stagecoach Inn
Holiday Inn Express Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
Days Inn Ogallala
#4 of 8 in Ogallala

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!