“Nice older remodeled hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ogallala
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have never stayed in this hotel before until this trip. I will stay here again and would recommend it. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. All rooms have an outside entrance, but in good weather this is not a problem. I liked that it is connected to a Dennys Restaurant that you can access from inside the lobby. I was given a coupon at check-in to use at the restaurant. There was not a microwave or frig in the room which you usually find in Quality Inns.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The property itself is older but the rooms have been recently renovated and were very nice. Bed was very comfortable. The shower had good water pressure once I figured out how to work the faucet. Staff was very attentive during the conference I attended even with a big wedding that night. The conference manager conducted herself very professional even though it was apparent it was a stressful day. Return visit highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, but it was an older, worn property. There were only exterior entrances to the rooms, and the locked glass door to the stairwell didn't close & lock properly. However the room was clean & comfortable, and I got a good night's sleep on the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I would rate 3.5, but can't do that (WHY TripAdvisor?) so rounded up to 4.

First, I was able to reserve the suite only using 8000 award points! Front desk said that Choice offers this to Diamond level only. Either way, the rates are very reasonable for what you get.

The suite I don't believe had been totally renovated yet. Classic old 1 inch square tile in the bathroom for example. The suite has 2 queens and a nice size sitting area with love seat, recliner, etc. It is one large "U" shaped room so there is no real privacy if you wanted to put young kids to bed, etc. The fridge is located behind an honest-to-goodness straight out of the 70's wet bar! It could sleep 8 (rated capacity is 6) using the pull-out and floor in a pinch.

The motel itself screams of an old Holiday Inn featuring the large outdoor pool in the center courtyard, meaning you can have poolside rooms. The largest pool I have seen in a motel in a very long time. Very clean with a separate roped off shallow area for little ones.

Our room and the public areas were very clean and well kept. We did not use the discount coupon for breakfast at the Denny's that is part of the motel but it was given to us without asking. The bar/lounge was only open weekends when we were there. (6/12) I will definitely stay here again, using points or $$, it's that good of value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ckramer1027, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Colorado guest,

First, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay in our suite. You are correct, the suite has not been completely renovated yet, like all our other rooms. We hope to complete that project in the near future. However, the beds are new and the room is very clean and as you mentioned it is spacious with two King beds, two televisions and a pull out sofa, perfect for a larger family with kids. We also rent out that room frequently for family gatherings, reunions, anniversaries, etc. Combined with our large outdoor pool, with it's size the suite is a nice gathering place for family where you can stock the bar and refrigerator if you are staying for a few days.
We look forward to your return visit. Thanks again for posting your comments.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Nicely appointed rooms with great beds. Two things brought the rating of this hotel down. We had a room on the interior and it was pool front but the outside smoking ashtray was also right in front of our door.

You walk out of the room and there you go, bowling alley smells of 15 years ago. Second bad thing was that the room was very clean but had a slight hint of "aging abdomina gas" smell to it. As I have said very clean, and very well appointed but the smell made me cringe upon first entry.

I loved the outside pool area and the pool was way bigger than the bathtubs 99% of hotels are calling pools these days. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I was mostly impressed with this hotel.

I can't give it more than average because that is all it was but it was a very nice and enjoyable, average experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review "Nicest in Town" on Trip Advisor, I appreciate you taking the time. We recently renovated the hotel with all new rooms, beds, furnishing, wall coverings, carpet, tv's etc and I believe we are "The Nicest in Town".
It's unfortunate though that you had the issue with other guests smoking outside your room. Our hotel is entirely smoke free. That ashtray must have been moved as we allow smoking in designated areas only and they are a good distance from any guest rooms. I completely understand how that would be upsetting and cause the room to smell bad. I hope you do stay with us again, we'd love to have you back. And, I doubt you will ever experience that problem again, but if you do please feel free to have the front desk call the GM and I will see the problem is taken care of.
Thank you again for the nice things you had to say about us and I want you to know we value your business and your opinions greatly.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Arrived finally after driving for over 4 hours with a teen, preteen, and grouchy hubby . Not a very professional staff. They ran out of breakfast vouchers. Got into the room and there were sticky coffee stains all over..so of course I checked the beds..mind you, the beds had a nice little note on them that said "rest assured your bed has been changed"..NOT..they just made them up from the last guest and put that sign on them..GROSS..so they put us in another room..the next room hadn't even been entered since the last guest..it had the last guest's room keys on the counter, sheets everywhere, lights on.Ended up staying elsewhere without any sincere apology..all we got was "I guess housekeeping didn't do their jobs today"..

Room Tip: There is no veiw..so don't pay more for a room with a view..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina P

Hello,

In response to your review on Trip Advisor, let me first tell you I am sincerely sorry your experience was not a pleasant one. And, I want to assure you that is not a common experience.

We are new to the Quality Inn brand and therefor have only sixteen reviews on Trip Advisor. However, 11 of those 16 reviews pay compliment to the cleanliness of our rooms. And only one, yours, mentions cleanliness as an issue. And, unfortunately, it was not a cleanliness issue in your case, but more of a miscommunication problem that could have been avoided.
You see, we have 101 rooms and in the Summer months we fill up on a nightly basis, leaving no room for error.
However, occasionally we will have a guest check out late, after housekeeping has left, or check out when we have them in our system as "staying over" an additional night. It is our policy not to disturb the guests personal items so if we have them in our system as a stay over, we make up the beds, replace towels and empty the trash.
The night you attempted to check into our hotel we had only those two rooms left. And, although we had them as "dirty" in our system the third party in which you used to book your room showed them only as vacant and allowed you to make the reservation.
I'm not trying to make excuses, our front desk clerk should have noticed the rooms were not flagged as being clean and double checked the two remaining rooms before he attempted to check you into them.
And, had I been alerted to the situation immediately I could have called in housekeepers to clean the room, found you alternative accommodations or at least tried to right the situation prior to hearing about your unfortunate experience on Trip Advisor.
I sincerely apologize. We have since put a better system in place to try to prevent this from happening. And, I honestly hope you give us the opportunity to make it up to you and show you that we actually run a very nice, clean and friendly hotel.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Called ahead to reserve a room for my wife and I and our dog. Was told the room opened up to a grassy area that would serve to "exercise" our dog. Arrived, checked in and found the room opened up to 3 acres of ashpalt that was recently sealed. The sealant permeated our room. Room must have been decorated by the Three Stooges!

Room Tip: Western facing rooms open to 3acres of ashpalt. Extremely hot in summer!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lesb400
ckramer1027, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your review , which allows us to make necessary changes, respond to guests and provide better customer service.
You are correct, we have a very large asphalt parking lot. Which is a good thing for people traveling with trailers or trucks, etc. However, it does take some maintainance to keep it it in good shape and in July we did have it re-sealed.
We scheduled the project after check out time so as not to inconvenience our guests. But, honestly, I did not even consider that the smell might penetrate the room. I sincerely apologize that you endured that inconvenience. Had you let the front desk know, we would have moved you to another area of the hotel or found someway to make things right. Unfortunately, I did not know about it until I read it on Trip Advisor.
I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again. We do have a very nice grassy area surrounding the pool, inside the courtyard for our guests to enjoy. However, our pet rooms are on the west side facing out as a convenience for guests with pets as well as consideration to all other guests staying at our hotel. And, just beyond the parking lot is a nice open nature trail, a perfect place to take your pets on a walk.
Thank you.

Chris Kramer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogallala
Travelodge Ogallala
Budget Host Platte Valley Inn
Lonesome Dove Lodge
Lonesome Dove Lodge
#1 of 10 in Ogallala

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!