“Clean but dated”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed July 9, 2014

There was nothing wrong with my room or with this hotel. Front desk clerk was friendly. The room was clean, but was worn and dated. Odd configuration to the rooms. My window opened to the entrance to the hotel. I had to keep my blackout shades pulled so that anyone entering through that entrance would not be looking into my room. I suggest you check the room map when you are assigned a room. I ate breakfast at 6 AM so things were pretty well stocked. Variety of breakfast items including yogurt and some fruit, Belgian waffles, and other bread items. The eggs were pre-made. The price seemed high, but cities in Nebraska with motels are few and far between.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are close to an outside entrance.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
NewMexicoSkylark2025, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I am always looking for ways to improve our service and guest feedback is one of the best ways we can see where we need to improve. I know the housekeepers will be happy to hear that the room was clean.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had advance reservation at this motel. When I checking in at the front desk I told her that I have a pet then she said the room are use up for that rate and have to increase the rate because it is from a king be to two queen bed. Once she said the rate and I asked her is that on the AAA or seniors rate and she said since the room need to be change there will be no discount. and she said very loud so the people behind me getting ready to check in can hear her saying again THERE ARE NO MORE DISCOUNT. She was a tough and nasty lady. We did stayed there because we were tired on our three days road trip even with the higher room rate.The room was OK. WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vermontsteve
NewMexicoSkylark2025, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

I want to apologize again for the treatment you received during the check in process. I can assure you that this situation is being handled. There is no excuse for any of our guests to be treated in such a way. You are a valued guest and deserve to be treated accordingly. If you have any more questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were super clean. Front desk was very respective. Was a quick checkinn. Looked liked a busy place. Beds were very comfortable, plenty of linens. Full breakfast for family. Saw the fitness room next to the office which was nice. Internet worked like a charm. Stayed with family. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
clh033, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! It is very nice when I can share good news with the staff!

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Front desk was poor and unfriendly. Room was clean, pool way smaller than photo shows only 3ft deep the whole thing! Staff were off putting and looked at us like we were suspects or something. It was really odd. Place had a weird smell and a/c hardly worked.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank StingRae3

I want to apologize for the staff not welcoming you and treating like the valued guest you are. We will certainly do some training here so our desk staff knows how to treat our guests. If you have any other questions or would like to contact me directly please feel free to do so.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

First of all, the room itself had all the essentials, but the smell was awful! Smelled like strong cleaning products. The pool was fine, but the hot tub barely functioned, hardly any bubbles and no control to adjust anything. Breakfast was pathetic. No fruit whatsoever and no meat to go with the eggs. No sweet rolls, muffins or Danish either. With the price we paid for the room, we should have received a better deal. Very disappointed and won't be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shar0173

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Regardless of price paid all breakfast items need to be available during breakfast hours. It is clear we did not provide you with the breakfast you have come to expect from a comfort inn and I apologize. We certainly want your stay to be exceptional.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped here on our way from CO to IA with our two kids, age 8 & 4. We wanted a place to spend the night & swim.

The rooms were clean, but tiny with 2 queen beds & 4 people! The bathroom was tiny as well & outdated, but clean (which was most important to us). There was a microwave, fridge & coffee maker, all of which we used.

The pool was nice. But, pretty deep for a 4 & 8 year old. The shallowest end being 3 1/2 feet.

Breakfast was free until 10am. We got down there at about 9:30 and it was not stocked. Cereal was empty, muffins, bagels & fruit were almost all gone.

The cost for this room was outrageous & I asked the clerk if there was any discounts available. He said no. We were tired & this was the third hotel we stopped at & we just wanted to get out & relax.

Room Tip: Pool is not meant for younger children.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Shannon L
clh033, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at the Comfort Inn. Our breakfast is from 6 am to 10 am and it should be fully stocked at any time during those hours. I apologize that breakfast was not fully available during your stay and that is something we will certainly address. Please contact me directly if you have any other comments or questions, I would be happy to help.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We came from Colorado springs to NP for a family reunion. The front desk was not staffed 24 hours a day: I would go down to the lobby and no one was at the desk, so I called from my cell phone and the phone would ring and then a recording would come on. I called from my room phone to ask if the jets for the hot tub work and she said no sir its a hot tub and she was putting emphasis on hot tub like it was supposed to be a tub with only hot water. I tested the hot tub and it was cold so I told the front desk that it was cold and they said if its cold then it is out of order. The room was nice. The bed was comfortable and the heated lamp in the bathroom was nice. Overall it was a good stay despite the front desk and the hot tub problem

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Andrew O
clh033, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

I want to first thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn. We do have 24 hour front desk service. It is clear from your comment that we failed to consistently provide enough front desk coverage. It is certainly something I will remedy. I want our guests to be able to contact the front desk at any time day or night.

If you would like to call me and let me know what days and hours you were unable to contact the front desk I can look into what happened.