“Felt like home!”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Felt like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Colorado and we NEEDED to stay at this hotel on our way home from Colorado. Zach greeted us with the warmest welcome and was very helpful when we asked about the area. He was very accommodating with anything we needed. Our return visit we were welcomed by Zach like a member of the family! We will definitely stay here again when we return to Colorado!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grundma
clh033, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Grundma,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor!! Zac is one of our newest Front Desk employee and does an out standing job for us. It means a lot to me as the General Manager when one of my newest employees is mentioned on Tripadvisor as being "warm" and "helpful"

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Colorado!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ironton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice rooms, friendly staff, was there on and off for around 4 and a half months. Nice breakfast in the morning. Always someone available. Stayed from June to November, while working with the railroad.
Right off the I-80. Would not want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear 6thohio,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that your extended stay was a good one!! It means a lot to our team when extended stay guest continue to come back and we can get to know them a little.

We look forward to seeing you back on your next trip!!
Kearney, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was coming in from out of town, and called ahead to see if I could check in early as I had meetings all afternoon & I had some things I wanted to keep cold. When I asked if we could check in at 1230, the girl at the front desk scoffed at the request, telling me it was not possible to do. I have worked front desk for years and understand all these things but knew it was possible!! Housekeepers come in at 9, people check out at 11. There would have been time to clean one, single room for me. But she refused, further more, we I asked to speak to her boss, she rudely said "ohh well, he's gone all week"
Throughout my stay the girl that worked evenings (always has hair up, skinny) was always glaring at me, and when my key deactivated, she rolled her eyes, as she had to get up off the lobby computer to go behind the desk & fix my key.
The place is good, the service is not!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank wasafrontdeskgirl
Chris H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear wasafrontdeskgirl

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Let me start off my apologizing for not meeting your expectations of our hotel. I take great pride in my hotel and do everything possible for every guest to have a memorable stay. Unfortunately, yours is memorable for the wrong reasons and for that I am very sorry. Yes I was out of town for a week at a business conference but that is no excuses for the desk staff not to provide to superior guest service to anyone.

Again I apologize for your stay. We hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to North Platte.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

So few hotel choices in this town and this was an average hotel at a very high price. The 14.2% taxes and other charges were also very high for a town in the middle of "nowhere".

We had a king with Jacuzzi bath. Pillowtop mattress was high off the floor, spa tub was small. Sink area was in the room (not separate) and very small. Toilet/shower room small. Door barely misses the toilet seat. Tub was small. Closet had very cheap doors and was about three feet wide. Room and hallways were clean.

Would love to find another hotel with better facilities, but I hold no hope.

Room Tip: Ignore the coupon they give you to Whiskey Creek Steakhouse. See my review under restaurants for Nor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelingwideandfar
Dear Travelingwideandfar

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate that you took the time to do it.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We were just passing through and needed a place to stay. They were very accommodating and the place was clean and comfortable but the price was extremely high for what it was. The pool was nice, and it was open late, but the hot tub was broken. The breakfast was nice as well! We were happy with our experience here and would probably recommend it to others!

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank OnTheRoadAgainV5
Chris H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We are glad you stayed with us.
Auburn, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stopped here while traveling cross country and was very happy with my choice. The front desk was helpful and friendly and the room was quite comfortable. Good selection for breakfast and great equipment in the exercise room, much better than I expected. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank lakelady57
Chris H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Lakelady57

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. As the General Manager of the hotel it is wonderful to hear from the guest that had a great stay. We will be looking forward to seeing you on your next trip through Nebraska!!
Waverly, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have stayed several times at this particular Comfort Inn. This one has been recently updated and very clean. It is off the interstate and surrounded by popular restaurants and gas stations. The General Manager Chriss is a great guy and has a great staff. Checking in my room in the evening with the help of Lyndsay is always a pleasure and checking out the next morning with a great hot breakfast and the help from Amanda gets my day off to a great start.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael N
Chris H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Mike

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor!! Yes, we have spent a lot of time and energy to update our hotel including a whole new breakfast area, new exercise equipment, and new lobby furniture. It mean a lot that you mention me, but as the General Manager it means more that you mention Lyndsay and she took care you!!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to North Platte!!