“Good Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Lakewood, Colorado
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have stayed here on multiple occasions on trips back and forth from CO to the Midwest. The staff is always friendly and helpful and they are interested in your well being. I rarely eat the breakfast but it always looks good. There are some good amenities near the hotel as well such as Starbucks and Red Robin.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew K
Richard S, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Platte, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Glad to hear that you are, and continue to be, a satisfied customer of ours while in North Platte. We are proud of our hotel, staff, and our community. There is a Dunkin Donuts that just recently opened in walking distance from our hotel that we feel will be another positive attribute to our guests experience of our city. We look forward to have you return to our hotel each time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Houghton Lake, Michigan
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our room, #431, was a King Deluxe, smoking room. When we inquired about a fridge, they said they could put one in our room for an additional $10. Yes, the room smelled like smoke but not offensively so. A comfy bed is probably the most important thing to us and the Hampton Inn scores big in this department. My hubby was also hoping to see the Tigers vs the Red Sox game in HD and his hope was met. A chair and ottoman were also provided and I'd rate it about a 3 outta 5 in terms of comfort. A small, chair-side table would be a nice touch. The Wi-Fi was free and worked great. Plenty of plugs near the desk but not too many more in the rest of the room. The rest of the room was pretty standard but adequate, with good pillows, linens, duvet cover instead of a bedspread and OK bath towels. Not the plushest but not too thin either. The bathroom was pretty standard but the granite vanity was nice and my hubby said the shower pressure was good. Though I don't usually, I did use the fitness center because after 2 days of riding in a car I felt I needed to move. There was 1 treadmill a 1 elliptical machine. There weren't any free weights but there did seem to be a series of weighted balls. Breakfast seemed more than adequate for our needs with plenty of choices to get you on your way with a little something-something. The toaster didn't seem to be working too well though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very thorough evaluation of our hotel and your experiences. I am happy to report that a few of your concerns have been addressed since your visit. We have replaced the toaster that was not acting as it should, and we have added additional outlets near the bed in each of our rooms to allow our guests to easily charge those pieces that we use on a daily basis. We do look for our guests to be comfortable when on business and leisure travel so am glad we were able to accommodate you in your travels.
Colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here one night recently. Have stayed here before. Security procedures at check in need to be re-examined. Desk clerk asks guests for home address and phone # while other guests are in line, within easy earshot. I heard 4 other guests' info and could have easily recorded it. Staff seemed fine; room was worn out. Chipped furniture, badly scarred walls, worn out and worn off fixtures in bathroom. Few choices here, but Fairfield looked newer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard S, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Platte, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
I appreciate the critique of our hotel as well as our service. You have raised my attention to a few things that I would like to look into further. To enable me to do that I would appreciate you to reach me at richard.simmons@hilton.com to let me know your name and approximate date of stay so I can locate your room number you were in. Thank you.
New Castle, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is everything you would expect. The property is clean and well kept, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable and well worth it. The breakfast had a good assortment and very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to post your positive feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I will be sure to pass on the comments to our staff in an upcoming meeting. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Omaha, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I used Hilton Honors 800 phone reservations. I was quoted a rate of $119 on business. I was charged at checkout $139 and was told by front desk clerk "in order to get the $119 rate, the room would have to be direct billed to the client." Totally unacceptable. I wish now I had used your 100% satisfaction guarantee. But I was upset and didn't think about it at the time.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard S, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Platte, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to communicate the experience you had at our hotel, but given the limited information about your stay I am unable to validate or do anything with this situation. Please feel free to call me directly at 308-534-6000 and ask for Richard Simmons. I can say there are times that rate corrections are made, but they are made prior to check-in so the guest has the opportunity to seek other accommodations if he/she is not receptive of the rate.
Ashland, NE, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Over the past six years I have had the occasion to stay at the Hampton Inn, North Platte, Nebraska while traveling for business. The Hampton Inn is definitely the right choice at the North Platte exit. The hotel is always very clean, staff is there to greet you when you walk through the door and you receive immediate attention to any concerns you may have during your stay. I have stayed at two other hotels at this interstate exit and will never make that mistake again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments and taking time to share your experience with other travelers. We do attempt to make our guests comfortable and productive when traveling on business as well as leisure purposes. We look forward to being here for many years to come.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We really love Hampton Inns, but this one takes the cake. We were travelling back from our annual vacation out west and always have North Platte as our last night's stop. This Hampton Inn is always a nice stay. The front desk staff are super accommodating, the bed is the MOST comfortable - lots of good pillows, immaculate bathroom, fluffy clean towels, good heat or A/C for comfy temps, and the breakfast is first class - waffles, omelets, sausage and much more. I wish my own bedroom was as comfortable as our Hampton Inn room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill out that wonderful review. I appreciate the fact that you acknowledge my staff's hard work and dedication to taking care of each of our guests. I will be sure to pass on the words of encouragement to all the departments involved in your response. I will let you know that the Hampton Inn bedding can be purchased at the Hamptoninn.com website to enable your bedroom to resemble the Cloud 9 experience at our hotels.