“Everything I Could Want ..... (Almost)”

Hampton Inn North Platte
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Traveling on business and had booked my room for three nights. Klara at the front desk was a "rock star". When I walked in at 3:00pm she had two ringing phones to deal with, me, and another guest checking in directly behind me. She handled it all with aplomb. During my stay, I never witnessed more than one person at the desk, but I never was left waiting for anything.
As I've come to expect, I found my room uber clean, the staff friendly and gracious, and my bed comfortable. In fact, I had some of the best sleep I've had in awhile. Although I-80 is very close, the traffic was barely noticeable in my room.
My only criticism is that the room, although spacious, was not equipped with a refrigerator or microwave. These are items I've come to expect in my travels. I normally glance before booking to make sure they are provided, but guessed I assumed too much in this instance .... so my bad.
All in all another wonderfully expected stay at a Hampton Inn. Would not hesitate to book again if staying for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I can't imagine one room being much better than another in this facility. Perhaps quieter on th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Richard S, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Platte, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you were touched by our "Hamptonality". We are hearing some talk from guests about refrigerators and microwaves and may be looking into something in the future, but as of now we do have them in our suites only. Ask for an HHonors upgrade! Safe travels to you.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is your typical beside the Interstate Hampton Inn. Clean spacious rooms, complimentary breakfast, friendly staff but nothing special (except the indoor pool which was very convenient For the kids because it was raining...).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I selected this hotel because I was looking for a place to enjoy an indoor pool with my young granddaughters and had heard a good review about this one from friends. The water temperature was quite comfortable. We didn't use the hot tub, but it was on the small side.
Our room was clean and comfortable. I would have used a fridge if one had been available. There was no microwave. I had requested a crib, and it (a pack-n-play) was in our room when we arrived. The wall thermostat kept the room a comfortable temperature. Our room with two queen beds also had a chair with an ottoman.
One of the staff was a bit too businessy to call friendly, but the rest of the staff was fabulous!
The breakfast: my one-year-old loved the eggs, but they didn't look very good to me! The rest of the many options were appealing.
We walked to an adjacent Village Inn for a supper and a lunch. Very good food and service. Also close by: Perkins and Applebees.
Loved the 2:00 check-in & optional 1:00 check-out times, especially when the main reason we were staying there was to swim at the hotel.
Wi-fi was available, but I didn't use it. There were plenty of hook ups on the desk, which also had a comfortable desk chair.
I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

An excellent place to stay while travelling across the country. It is conveniently located close to the I-80 in North Platte, NE. The room was very large with a king bed, clean and comfortable. Hilton brand toiletries were provided and included hair conditioner, a must for me. Check-in and checkout service was very efficient and friendly. Breakfast was the usual assortment of buffet offerings. The exercise room was in good working order with no line-up for the treadmill. I find that exercise rooms tend not to be used very often. It was nice to be able to leave the hotel and just drive across the road to the gas station before getting back on the highway.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We've stayed in North Platte numerous times over the years and have stayed in most of the hotels along Interstate 80. This one stacks up just fine against the rest. We arrived late at night and got a decent price from the front desk. We were on the 1st floor which is what my husband prefers in one of the handicapped rooms.

The only thing we really took advantage of was the breakfast which had a great selection. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Not much more you could ask for. I will say the Lobby area was very nice.

1  Thank Elizabeth K
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless. The housekeeper even left a sticky note on the headboard that the duvet was freshly laundered, which was very reassuring. The lobby was spacious and provided nice seating and tables to gather with other family at any time, day or night. The hot tub, pool and fitness rooms were a bit small and minimal, but sufficient. The complimentary breakfast had a pretty good variety of the standard continental fare and the seating was ample. The heating was very quiet and even with a wall thermostat instead of one of those noisy boxes. Really great value!

1  Thank ColoradoJewel
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Perfect overnight stop. Easy on/off with gas and food options right there. Right next door to Fort Cody. This Hampton Inn is always clean and comfortable. We have stayed here with 2 children multiple times and we've never been disappointed. On this recent stay, we were in a 2 bedroom suite that had a fridge and microwave and sink. Each bedroom had it's own thermostat which was nice. Lobby/eating area was well maintained and clean. Food was fresh (including fruit salad and apples) and entire food service area was immaculate. Pool area is small but also well-maintained.

• Stayed: January 2013