“Nice, a bit pricey though”

Holiday Inn Express North Platte
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Nice, a bit pricey though”
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This is a nice hotel, clean, and nicely laid out. I paid over 140 for our room. Getting to the hotel from interstate was a bit interesting, there is construction. The attendant at the front desk was very nice, and check in was fast. The room was spotless, and the king beds were nice.
We really did not explore hotel as we were on a tight time budget, but it really was a very nice hotel. The breakfast in morning was what one expects, are the eggs real? Coffee was good, and we grabbed a some fruit.
Hotel was packed, but I have to admit it was quiet. The hotel was built in two stages, so it is quite large. The pool stays open 24 hours, and if we had not been so tired we would have loved to have used it.
The parking lot was nicely lit, and I felt safe traveling with my girls.
Did I mention it is pet friendly, nice when traveling with a large Lab, named Winston.
We would go back, nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 27, 2009

No complaints at all about this hotel. Stayed here for two days with the family. Kids loved the pool.

• Stayed May 2009
Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My family and I stayed for 3 nights and received excellent customer service. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. We were traveling with an infant the breakfast staff was especially helpful seeing to it that the baby was well taken care of. I have traveled a good deal over the years and I consider this stay one of my most enjoyable experiences. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
Reviewed October 14, 2008

We stayed on the allergy wing and it was great. The suite was large and everything was very clean and it had updated carpet. The furniture is a bit outdated but it was clean and nice. Also, they allow pets and had a wonderful pool for kids and adults.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — No wireless internet connection or if they had one it did not work well.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank HawaiiGirl_8
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2008

My wife and I stayed here passing through from South Dakota to Texas, and it was a very nice stay. There are several things I liked about this hotel, such as: the friendly employees, clean rooms, 24 hour pool, the milk and cookies they have in the lobby area in the evening, and last but not least the hot breakfast was great. I can think of no complaints I had with this hotel. Whether you have a reson to come to North Platte or your just passing through, this would be a great place to stay.

• Liked — the hot breakfast in the morning, and the milk and cookies in the evening
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dblev76
Des Moines
Reviewed August 28, 2008

This is a nice Holiday Inn. The staff was nice. The rooms were clean and noise wasn't a problem. The only thing we didn't like was that the staff did not keep up with the pool traffic. The night we stayed the pool was very busy and there were no dry or clean towels. All the towels were piled up and it remained that way until we left the next morning. I always go to get a morning swim before it gets crowded and the wet piles of towels were still there. I do want to stress that this was the only thing that bugged me. Everything else was nice.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Nebraska
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Like all the Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed in, this one is very clean and attractive, and the staff are friendly. This one is also very quiet, even though it is not far from the highway. The free large breakfast and the evening snacks are great. The rooms have free wifi, but it is a little slow at times. My only complaint, which is a minor one, is that Holiday Inn Express hotels do not have 100% orange juice at breakfast, and the watered-down, sweetened-up orange juice they serve is not very appealing. All things considered though, this is a very good hotel, and I have stayed here many times.

• Liked — Clean, quiet, comfortable room
  • Disliked — Poor substitute for orange juice at breakfast
Stayed August 2008