“Filthy bathroom”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Aberdeen, South Dakota
“Filthy bathroom”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I made the mistake of not thoroughly checking out the room prior to settling in for the night because I was so tired after driving for 6+ hours. I had been in my room for a couple of hours then used the toilet, nasty stains in toilet bowl, I looked down at the floor by the tub and thought no way that is not a bug! But sure enough it started to move! Then I looked in at the tub and saw it was filthy! Needless to say I will not be staying here again! And as I write this review there is a loud water draining sound coming from the floor above the bathroom! It sounds as though the pipes are leaking into the ceiling!!! This is a convention center in addition to Holiday Inm Express and has definitely been worn hard! Horrible accommodations but too late up do anything about tonight! Toom 240, and the only elevator which has room for no more than 4 people barely works!

• Stayed July 2014
Jeff1914, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Platte, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear 364JeanT,
Thank you so much for your stay with us and your comments. I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive for a great stay for all of our guests. Obviously we did not live up to our expectations in your case. I would love the opportunity to make it right with you. Please contact me at your convenience. Again I apologize for your disappointing stay.

Jeff Boeka
308-532-9500
jeff@hiexpressnp.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Colorado. We stayed in a kids suite. The room was nice having a little place with a tv and bunk beds for the kids. However, the people above us were very noisy. Adult bed was uncomfortable. Pool area was not the cleanest. Would try a different hotel in this town next time, and I normally stay with Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: If you choose a kid suite, ask for the top level of the hotel.
Dear Melissa N,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad you were able to stay in a Kid Suite. Many of our families enjoy those rooms. I am sorry that were issues with the comfort of the bed. We strive to give our guests a great experience. I apologize for the issues during your stay. I would love an opportunity to make it right with you. Please contact me at your convenience.

Jeff Boeka
308-532-9500
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We arrived around 6:00pm expecting our room to be ready. Like others we were told it would be about 30-45 minutes and then given our key. They had set up a little "get-together" where they were serving beer, wine, soda and finger foods. We sat down with our luggage and waited. When I saw the family who checked in ahead of me going to their room, I went to the desk to check. They called and we were told it would be another half-hour to 45 minutes! After 10 hours in a car I had a melt down; neither beer or wine was the answer at that point. Apparently the person serving the beer and wine went to my husband with another beer and apologized for the problem and he would take care of it. I was then given another glass of wine as I slumped into the chair next to my husband. Next thing the lady at reception came over and asked for the keys back and handed me another set explaining that they upgraded us to a suite and it was ready. Also stated that there would be no charge for the night. The room was beautiful, clean and had a Jacuzzi, which I truly needed at this point. The person running the little get-together was the hotel manager! Only thing I can say is make sure that your room will be ready when you arrive. Can't imagine what I would have had if we arrived at what is there usual check-in of 3pm. I had booked the room at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff1914, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Platte, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Kdona48,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that Travis, our Guest Service Manager, was able to take care of you so well. We did have a large group checkout extremely late that day. We will learn from this experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We should have suspected something when we pulled up. The parking lot had a large number of off road vehicles. They had some of their equipment laying out in the parking lot. Two of the vehicles were blocking some of the access to part of the parking lot. We had to back out of the lobby/check in area to find a parking spot. When we checked in, we inquired what was going on. They told us it was some type of Off road rally. We mentioned the equipment etc. in the parking lot, they said they would take care of it. I looked out an hour or so later the two vehicle blocking access to part of the lot were in the same location.
We were told of the breakfast hours etc. This HIE is an older one and it's age it telling. The room was adequate. BEWARE - This HIE does allow pets. We were rudely woken up about 5:00 AM, by the sound of 2 large dogs barking. They did quit after a bit, then started again. When we checked out in the morning we complained to the desk person, who, to her credit did apologize and made a satisfactory adjustment on our bill. The rate for this location seem rather high. We would not stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul 4093,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I apologize for the noise issue with the guest next door. We want all of our guests to have a great experience. We appreciate your comments and will work to learn from them. Safe travels
Nebraska
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have stayed here twice on our way to Colorado. It is a SUPER clean comfortable hotel. The breakfast is great and the ladies who run the breakfast are very pleasant. At check-in Jessica Ogg was very kind, polite and efficient. We will absolutely stay here again!

Dear Mcalbers,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We do appreciate your business. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We can't wait to see you again soon. Safe travels
Loomis, California
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were passing through on our way to family in Iowa so drove till we were tired. Holiday Inn Express is one of our favorite places to stay. Arrived to find no regular rooms so paid extra to have a Jacuzzi suite. The staff were very helpful. We did not realize we had crossed a timezone and thought we arrived at 5:55pm when in fact it was 6:55pm. The desk people checking us in told us that happy hour ended at 7pm and for one of us to check in and the other to go get drinks and munchies. When I was sat at a table waiting for my husband the staff came around and offered us a 2nd drink as they were offering last orders. Free breakfast was also very good - hot and cold choices. All in all an excellent stay, more $$ than we had hoped to spend but as we had no reservation it was our own fault. Beds were very comfortable. Loved the extra space in the Jacuzzi suite!

Room Tip: There were a couple of big rigs in the parking lot at the side of the hotel. They started up their...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jeff1914, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Platte, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Jan R,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad you were able to enjoy our Manager's Reception. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Our staff will truly enjoy your comments. Thank you again and safe travels.
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. We had one of the "kids' suites"with the bunk bed & tv- great for our boys, & allowed us separation without needing 2 rooms. The room was nice, cool & comfortable. Breakfast was great- everything was fresh & replenished often. The beer & wine in the evening was great! Our boys enjoyed the pool, and once the hot tub was fixed, we enjoyed that as well. We had only a few minor issues that were handled courteously, professionally & immediately. We very much enjoyed our stay. Thank you!

Stayed June 2014
Dear GheetJ,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for taking time to review your stay. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the Kid Suite. Many families have told us how wonderful it works for them. Our staff will be thrilled with your comments. We appreciate your stay and wish you safe travels!