“Good road side inn”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great room for the price. New and Clean. Lots of breakfast choices. Refrigerator in the room. We'll definitely stay here again. We also accidentally left our personal pillows in the room when we checked out. They held them for us to pick up 10 days later when we came back though.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gnar_Schromper
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Room standard, but outside access with a door that doesn't seal well nor close easily. Must walk from a motel room (outdoor access) to the inside to access the fitness room. The air vents in the bathroom were broken. The breakfast they offer was incredible ....what you would expect from a restaurant regarding options.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This motel is directly off of the North Platte north exit on I-80, next to Starbucks. It's easy to get to, and it's even easier to get right back onto I-80. It served its purpose for us: a place to lay our heads overnight before continuing our drive the next morning. Breakfast usually isn't offered at motels, but this one has an included breakfast that is pretty good.

The rooms had updated furniture and mirrors and such. It was pretty nice for an off-the-highway motel. Things that weren't as nice: sound from outside as people walked by. Also, the rate seemed pretty high for such a small motel room. The door was difficult to open, and we had to really pull it closed to lock all the way.

If you're looking for a place just to sleep overnight, this one definitely does the job.... But I assume others do just as good of a job at a lower cost!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The outside hotel rooms need a re-model. We have not stayed in the inside rooms, only twice in the outside out of date rooms. The mattress's were lumpy, the carpet looked dirty and stained, and the bathroom tub was moldy. We did appreciate the microwave and refrigerator in the room. The front desk attendants were efficient but not overly friendly. We did love the breakfast and the wait staff for breakfast was very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: Try the inside suites.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed the night here with my in-laws as we were heading from Norfolk, NE to Colorado Springs, CO. We checked out on a Friday to continue our trip. While eating breakfast I realized I couldn't continue the trip as I was suffering a kidney infection that was getting worse. I decided to check back in to the hotel and wait for my husband to make the 5 hour trip one-way to pick me up and take me home. When my husband got there, he thought he would talk to the front desk and ask if we could get partial credit or a coupon or something since I spent over $100 on a room and checked out the same day. The gal at the front desk was very nice and said she was sorry about the situation and would give us a FULL reimbursement. How nice, right? She said she'd would take care of it and to just call on Monday if we didn't notice the credit back on our card. Well, of course my credit
card was charged so my husband called the manager. The manager told him that when she checked me in, she said there wouldn't be a reimbursement. There was never a mention about a reimbursement when I checked in.. That was honestly the last thing on my mind at the time as I was in so much pain. The manager was rude to my husband and didn't offer us ANYTHING toward our next stay. I took it further and emailed the company and did an online survey basically saying the same thing in this review. Both responses were basically this: "we're sorry about what happened and hope you stay with us again." My husband and I are not people that complain and did NOT expect a full refund. But we are firm believers in following through with what you say. How can this hotel get by with what they did to us? How is it fair that one person can tell you one she will give us a fu refund and the next person not even do anything? I've worked in Customer Service for 14 years now so I know when I receive poor customer service; this was definitely one example. We've tried several hotels in North Platte and actually really liked this one; but customer service is always the final decision if I'll go back somewhere. Sadly, at this point I don't think I'll come back here. We do a lot of traveling through north platte since we have family in Colorado. In fact, we just traveled through there on Thursday (5 weeks after this incident and did not stay at this hotel). My in-laws from Nebraska and Colorado will not stay here anymore either. Two thumbs down!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank AprilMozer
Reviewed January 14, 2014

12/29/13 stayed in North Platte, NE at Quality Inn NE056 liked to froze to death. They would not switch our rooms because we had two small dogs. Mold in bathroom, No Hot water, No way to turn on heat lamp in the bathroom, And the Front Desk Manager was as cold and unconcerened as our room. She already had our $130 buck. BEWARE. Not a nice place, not clean either 1/2 eaten apples on the floor under the bed, bad experience!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen K
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Terrible rooms stunk & old
Heater/air conditioner noisy & not temp controlled mattress lumpy if any place could have bed bugs this would be it
I've stayed in a few Super 8's & they are the ritz compared to this