“We gave it a second chance.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Clifton, Colorado
“We gave it a second chance.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The outside hotel rooms need a re-model. We have not stayed in the inside rooms, only twice in the outside out of date rooms. The mattress's were lumpy, the carpet looked dirty and stained, and the bathroom tub was moldy. We did appreciate the microwave and refrigerator in the room. The front desk attendants were efficient but not overly friendly. We did love the breakfast and the wait staff for breakfast was very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: Try the inside suites.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed the night here with my in-laws as we were heading from Norfolk, NE to Colorado Springs, CO. We checked out on a Friday to continue our trip. While eating breakfast I realized I couldn't continue the trip as I was suffering a kidney infection that was getting worse. I decided to check back in to the hotel and wait for my husband to make the 5 hour trip one-way to pick me up and take me home. When my husband got there, he thought he would talk to the front desk and ask if we could get partial credit or a coupon or something since I spent over $100 on a room and checked out the same day. The gal at the front desk was very nice and said she was sorry about the situation and would give us a FULL reimbursement. How nice, right? She said she'd would take care of it and to just call on Monday if we didn't notice the credit back on our card. Well, of course my credit
card was charged so my husband called the manager. The manager told him that when she checked me in, she said there wouldn't be a reimbursement. There was never a mention about a reimbursement when I checked in.. That was honestly the last thing on my mind at the time as I was in so much pain. The manager was rude to my husband and didn't offer us ANYTHING toward our next stay. I took it further and emailed the company and did an online survey basically saying the same thing in this review. Both responses were basically this: "we're sorry about what happened and hope you stay with us again." My husband and I are not people that complain and did NOT expect a full refund. But we are firm believers in following through with what you say. How can this hotel get by with what they did to us? How is it fair that one person can tell you one she will give us a fu refund and the next person not even do anything? I've worked in Customer Service for 14 years now so I know when I receive poor customer service; this was definitely one example. We've tried several hotels in North Platte and actually really liked this one; but customer service is always the final decision if I'll go back somewhere. Sadly, at this point I don't think I'll come back here. We do a lot of traveling through north platte since we have family in Colorado. In fact, we just traveled through there on Thursday (5 weeks after this incident and did not stay at this hotel). My in-laws from Nebraska and Colorado will not stay here anymore either. Two thumbs down!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank AprilMozer

Travelers are raving about these North Platte hotels

Gettysburg, South Dakota
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

12/29/13 stayed in North Platte, NE at Quality Inn NE056 liked to froze to death. They would not switch our rooms because we had two small dogs. Mold in bathroom, No Hot water, No way to turn on heat lamp in the bathroom, And the Front Desk Manager was as cold and unconcerened as our room. She already had our $130 buck. BEWARE. Not a nice place, not clean either 1/2 eaten apples on the floor under the bed, bad experience!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen K
Dalhart, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Terrible rooms stunk & old
Heater/air conditioner noisy & not temp controlled mattress lumpy if any place could have bed bugs this would be it
I've stayed in a few Super 8's & they are the ritz compared to this

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank butler847
Chicago,IL
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Well let's face it N Platte NE is not going to have a 4 Seasons or even a Crown Plaza. Most likely my first and last visits and I only needed one night. It was fine for just under $90. I was told by natives that the restaurant was the best place in town to eat and it was pretty darn good but I was starving and ate almost bought everything on the menu.

Room Tip: Morning Breakfast was real good and the Canteen Restaurant was very good and the Bears won over Gree...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Missouri
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were coming home through Nebraska from vacation and stopped in North Platte to see the Buffalo Bill attractions. We picked this hotel because it was right off the interstate and looked good. The staff was friendly and room was clean. Our daughter like the indoor pool which had Nemo and friends painted on the walls. They ran out of pool towels and the jacuzzi wasn't working. Breakfast was okay. Would have preferred the Hampton across the road, but they were a little too high-priced. Not sure we would stay again. Maybe if we got a good deal on the rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in mid-September and could not have been more disappointed. The bathroom was inexcusably shabby...for the price...$93 with taxes. The electrical outlets around the tv were dangerously overloaded. This is not a quality-anything place to stay. They should be embarrassed by this product.

Room Tip: Somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo