“A bit dated and thread barren”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

There are a lot of hotels in North Platte. This hotel is a little old and could use some paint and updating but it's ok. We found the staff to be friendly and they have a good breakfast included in the rate.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The lobby and entrance are nice, but don't let that fool you. Check in was fine, the front desk was polite enough. But as we drove around to our room we could see hotel towels in the parking lot. At first I was thinking "what rude guests" but as we continued on to our room we saw more and more towels/wash cloths. Out front of our room there were dishes on the sidewalk from room services. We didn't arrive until 7:00 pm so I would think that with check out being 11:00am they should have had plenty of time to clean up the dishes. They were there when we arrived and they were still there when we checked out. We have three kids and they liked the pool area but I did not car for the walk to the pool because once again there were dishes and towels everywhere. We had to pick-up a glass that had been kicked into the middle of the sidewalk.
Breakfast was nice. The two individuals that were taking care of breakfast were polite and helpful. We have stayed at the quality in in Grand Island before and if you are headed that direction it would be worth the wait, much cleaner!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our third stay. They are updating so will give them a pass on the areas that still need repaired. The front desk clerk was very helpful in getting us exactly the rooms we needed to accommodate 5 adults and 4 kids. The free breakfast was hot and tastey and the staff very friendly. Will stay again

1  Thank BHntn
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was surprised how big a facility this place is. It has separate buildings that house al the guests. The biggest breakfast area with attendants of any choice hotel I have been in. They have an attached restaurant. It was ok. Couldn't believe for such a big place they didn't have guest laundry. The room needs some updating in the bathroom. The caulking was pretty dirty and there were coffee spills on the floor by the sink. The cleaning staff needs some training!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here with my dad on the way home. It was our 2nd pic as the other hotel was full. I think due to some event in the area a lot of hotels were full this day.

So my dads review was good, he liked the room and loved breakfast because they had ham but he is a meat and potato's person. I would have liked some yogurt and fruit but I let dad enjoy talking about it all day. : )

My input is two fold. On check in the front staff greeted me nicely and were quick to check me in. Actually got a rate lower then was posted online in two sites.

The breakfast staff was polite and did their job to clean up the tables quickly. But looking more at it the two front desk people were new they had a phone call while I was their and laughed about not being able to answer the question with the person now on hold. Between them they talked about how the manager was no were around to ask so just told the caller "NO".

The room was semi clean but the hotel shows is age. Someone was tailgating outside our room with a door facing the parking lot. The old window did not block any sound. The bathroom had hair, long hair, and the air vent grill was layered with years of dirt. No one has ever cleaned the vent, EVER! My dad was out quick but my bed had issues, the mattress was old, scratchy sheets and the mattress had a broken edge so it tilted in one direction. Its a toss up as I did save $ but I also did not get a great nights sleep. My dad however was out quick.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room away from the parking lots
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were in town for a family reunion that took place at this hotel. Everything was great and the entire family, about 30 of us, had a great stay. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Our room was nice and clean and all of the family had rooms next to ours in the courtyard area by the pool. We had a hospilaity suite for our reunion headquarters that was provided at no charge by the hotel. the staff was great and when ever we needed somthing such as ice or more towels they were very quick to respond. There was a lot going on in town so we were able to get out and about and enjoy some fun stuff.

We enjoyed ourselves very much and while we were in town we booked for another year. Thank you to everyone that made our reunion so great!

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard area next to the pool if you have kids.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Were staying for a relatives wedding that was being held at the Inn in the convention center because of convience. Who wants to drive after a wedding and most of our family was staying there. Arrived late after 1 am. The night audit was rude from the moment we checked in...let it go we were tired. Found our room, dropped our baggage on the table and a nice cockaroach was just moving around on the table with not a worry about getting caught. My husband caught it put in a cup with a plastic bag and carried it along with our things back to the front desk. Placed it on the counter told the rude night audit we weren't staying, put the roach in the cup on the counter and he didnt even bother to look at it he just checked us out with a zero balance. I told him it is going to get out he looked at it said "naw it's ok". Few seconds it got out and ran along in the check in counter. Still don't know if he got it.
If there was not a roach problem then why didn't he bat an eye when we wanted to check out?
Checked into the Ramada down the street and enjoyed a nice clean newly remodeled room. Thank you señor roach for giving me a great room to stay in.
Seriously though that guy needs to be fired he didn't care. Rude!!!