“Completely adequate - dated, but clean & comfortable.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is an older, remodeled facility -- exterior corridors, with the stairwells enclosed with unlocked glass doors. I stayed in a king room with fold-out couch. The couch upholstery was a little worn. That said, the sheets, towels, and bathroom were all clean. Large, hot breakfast with adequate seating the day I was there. I thought it was a little over-priced, for the age & condition of the property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
NorthPlatteCodyO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Wilma608,

I would first like to thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your recent stay in North Platte; we appreciate your business and your comments about our facility. The team at the Quality Inn & Suites works hard every day to provide our guest with the best accommodations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean bathroom, towels and sheets as well as our hot breakfast buffet. I will also let the housekeeping staff know about the couch that is a little worn so they can work on repairing or replacing it.

Thank you again for your business and feedback and we look forward to serving you again if your travels bring you back to North Platte!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Check in was easy, although the 800 reservation service had booked us in the wrong type of room. Our room was near the pool, but it was also a cement courtyard from the parking lot with a larger trailer parked in that area, and a smoking area for guests - and then there were a lot of teenagers roaming through this area well into the night.

the pool was nice but the hot tub was way too HOT!!! - everyone we spoke to who was using it could only stay in 10 minutes or so - the plants around the pool looked sad - sagging plastic plants - but the chairs and towels were nice - they also had a lift for disabled folks to get in the pool which was a nice touch.

Our room was average - we were suppose to have two queens, but we had two doubles - I am tall as is my son, so this was also a disappointment and not what we booked in advance. The beds were also hard and not nearly as comfortable as the Comfort Inn we were in the night before in a different city. The room was small, but did have a frig and microwave and nice flat screen TV. The bathroom is small as are the towels. There were two straight back chairs in the room, so not really anything to sit on and relax. The wi-fi was easy to access and worked consistently. There were some stains on the carpet.

The hotel lobby is spacious and is where the breakfast is available - this was very good although with just a few people there, they were out of eggs for quite awhile - but finally arrived and the french toast and bacon and other side options were all good too. We had a morning business meeting at Starbucks which is adjacent to the hotel and only a few steps from the main entrance.

There are a variety of meeting rooms and the business center is in the hallway, and not very private - the public restrooms were spacious and well appointed. The lobby had exceptionally nice chairs and couches in a variety of places. The pool area looked like it had been recently painted including around the edges of the pool and hot-tub as that was not done very well - and the ceiling had large pieces of paint pealing off and hanging just above the pool, so some improvement is needed there. Parking was ample and close to our room. .

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the cement courtyard area- just way to much foot traffic and not pretty at all -
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
NorthPlatteCodyO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to start by thanking your for both your patronage and your comments about our facility. The team at the Quality Inn & Suites is working to make sure that every guest’s expectations are met and we are currently making changes around the hotel to better accommodate all of our guests.

I would like to start by first addressing the issue that you had with the Choice Hotel Reservation Line; I do apologize that they booked a double room for you instead of the requested double queen room. I have sent a request to Choice Hotels to look into this and make sure the agents are booking the room that is requested. In addition, you mention that your room was in the courtyard area / smoking area. We are currently in the process of updating this space to make it more comfortable for everyone. We are in the process of turning this into more of a green area for guests to relax outside of the pool. We also have recently updated the pool area but have a few things to finish, including the plants/greenery as well as the ceiling paint. I will also visit with the maintenance department to make sure the hot tub is hot but comfortable for all of our guests.

I would also like to apologize about the delay in getting fresh eggs in the breakfast area. Because we make our breakfast fresh each day it can sometimes take just a moment longer to prepare the items; but I will be sure to let the kitchen know to be more prepared for our busy mornings.

Thank you again for your feedback as well as choosing out for your overnight needs. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for a night as a pit stop between Denver and Omaha. Over all our stay here was average. Pretty much what we needed as a place to stay for the night.

Our only two complaints were the parking and the breakfast.
Parking here is pretty tight on a busy weekend. There was a convention at the hotel, and quite a bit of partyers that evening, so we wound up parking at the next building over (which is kind of a bummer when you are on the road with two small kids). Surprisingly, the room was very quiet, even with the parties going on. The only thing we heard was the occasional dog bark from the room upstairs.

Our biggest disappointment was the breakfast. We arrived 20 minutes before the end of breakfast service, and were told that they weren't serving anymore food. Luckily there was still some cereal and milk out so we made do. Judging by all of the empty platters out, there was probably quite an assortment.

We never had a chance to seek out a pool or the exercise room because of our timeframe. The ice machines are spaced out pretty well, and the location was excellent with plenty of restaurants and things to do nearby.

If we made the trip here again I would probably consider staying here, especially if it was on a weekday, and I would show up to breakfast at least an hour before it closes down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I would first like to thank you for you kind words about our facility. We strive daily to make sure all of our guest’s expectations are met and in the morning you are relaxed and well rested.

I would also like to thank you for letting us know about the issue with the breakfast. Breakfast is served from 6:30am until 9:30am each morning. We also expect that if one of our guests shows up at 9:29am, they will still receive the FULL hot breakfast buffet. I have personally visited with our chef and breakfast staff to make sure the buffet is fully stocked and open until at least 9:30am each morning. I would also like to apologize about this issue and I can assure you that when you stay with us in the future this will not be a problem.

Thank you again for choosing our property for your overnight stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2013

A hair in the spout of the coffee pot at breakfast... No bedding for fold out and had to go get it from front... Room like a bad crime movie...
No more stops at this brand of hotel in the next 2 weeks of travel, maybe ever...

• Stayed: June 2013
NorthPlatteCodyO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We strive daily to improve and meet all of our guest’s expectations. I would like to you to know that we take these comments seriously and we will be meeting with the individual departments about the issues you encountered while staying with us. I will be sure that these issues are resolved immediately and I am very sorry that you had these problems when staying with us. I hope you give us another chance in the future so we can show you that we are committed to your satisfaction.

Thank you again and enjoy your summer!

Assistant Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have stayed at this property many times over the years, as we have relatives and many family events in the area. Next time, though, we will shop around. The phone in our room was disconnected. When I discovered that, and reconnected it, the message light blinked and beeped, even though there were no messages. So, I disconnected it again. Water pressure in the sink was at a trickle-level. Breakfast, if you want to be healthy, is scant with generic cereals, no fruit toppings, no bananas.

Room Tip: south hallway has no daylight so be sure to ask for exterior windows if that is important to you
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I would first like to thank you for being a valued customer over the last several years as well as sharing your comments about your recent stay at our property. We strive daily to improve all aspects of our property and with your feedback we can continue to move forward.

I would first like to start by apologizing about the disconnected phone cord in your room; I can see how this would be an inconvenience and I will be sure to discuss this with the housekeeping manager to make sure it does not happen again. I will also visit with the maintenance manager to see why the water pressure was so low in the room. We just installed the multiple setting shower head and so far the guest feedback has been terrific but I will be sure to get this fixed right away as well.

The hotel likes to provide the best breakfast possible. We currently serve several hot items each morning including scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, sausage, ham, pancakes or waffles as well as multiple cold options; however I will visit with the chef to see if we can offer a variety of healthier options as well so all of our guests can be accommodated.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on business. Check in was smooth with no problems and the desk clerk gave us directions on where to park and enter the hotel. Our room was clean, but definately needed more towels. The bed was okay and the internet worked fine. The hall to our room was outside and there was noticeable garbage, dishware, cigarette butts, hangers and other debrie on the sidewalk. Breakfast was served in a large room and was okay. I don't know if I would stay again, mostly because of the bad impression of the garbage outside of our room. The first thing you notice before walking into your room, leaves an impression...

Dear Valued Guest,

I would first like to thank you choosing to stay at our property as well as sharing your comments about your recent stay. We strive daily to improve all aspects of our property and with your feedback we can continue to move forward.

It sounds as though the majority of your stay was pleasant and I am happy to hear that the check in process was quick and efficient. However, I too would be a little discouraged about the trash that was outside of your room. We work hard to keep the property clean and in the best possible condition. I will personally visit with our maintenance and housekeeping departments about their responsibility to keep the area around the hotel clean. I will also visit with the kitchen to make sure that room service trays and silverware are collected in a timely matter.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We arrived late that night and needed to park our UHaul truck. There was plenty of parking that was well-lit and we slept safe and sound. The breakfast the next morning was great, and the whole place was very clean. The front lobby was gorgeous.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jena H

Dear Valued Guest,

I would first like to thank you choosing to stay at our property as well as sharing your comments about your recent stay. We strive daily to meet all of our guest’s expectations and provide the best customer service possible. I am very happy that you were pleased with your recent stay and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thank you again for your comments and we appreciate your business!