“A very nice surprise”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Being a truck transporter I stay in a lot of the lesser $$ hotels. Having a late start out of Denver I stopped at the Quality Inn North Platte NE. I was surprised with the ample truck parking and the size of the lobby when I entered, it reminded me of a 5 star hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful, room and bath were clean and well lit. There were a couple of computers just outside of the lobby for guest use... and they worked very well. Restaurant on premise was to $$$$ for me, but other guests said the food was worth the extra $$$$. Many restaurants within walking distance and more if you drive.Terrific nights sleep. Free all you can eat breakfast was better than excellent with friendly staff to help, no need for lunch that day. Express check out is great. Many other amenities I did not take advantage of. I will stay here whenever I can, seems like an excellent place for a family base camp or a weekend of fun.

Room Tip: By choice I took a room accessible form the outside, but if you choose an interior room you would no...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 1NICE91

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is fairly large for a small town. It seems to be a good location for a conference center. Don't let the aged exterior walkways fool you. Once you get into your room it's well equipped with flat screen TV, clean and comfortable. Freshly baked cookies and coffee and popcorn are awaiting you at the front desk at check-in. The hotel personnel are kind and helpful. There are discounts available. Just ask them at the front desk! Also, there is a free hot breakfast that's pretty good!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sheila B
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We took a small Easter vacation to visit family in the area. I had made reservations online about a week and half before we arrived. When we were a few hours away, I decided to call and confirm my reservation. They had reserved the room for the night before and had wrote us as a no show and cancelled our reservation, which was for 2 nights. I talked to a front desk manager and she fixed the situation right away. She also told us we would get one night free because of the mistake. The lobby area was very nice and the front desk was helpful when we arrived. Our room was in an older part of the hotel, but was clean. The beds were little bigger than a twin bed, and pillows were a little lumpy, but it was fine to sleep on.
The rooms need more sound proofing! At around 1 am the next two rooms were drinking and partying quite loudly. Then fitting began with slamming doors, yelling, crying and beating on doors. Thirty minutes into it, I called the front desk, no answer. About 30 mins. later I tried again, this time the front desk answered and by this time I was very upset, I told the front desk guy the problem, thinking nothing would happen. To my surprise, he did tell them if he had one more compliant he would call the police. The group did quite down, but we had to listen to them vomitting all night, sounded like it was right in our room. The next morning I requested a room change and they did move us. No problems after that.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful, but when we got there the first morning at 7:45 am almost every thing was gone. They replenished about 20-30 mins later.
Once I got home, and checked my bank statement, I did not receive the promised free night. She charged me for two nights but gave us a $10.00 discount on the first night.
The second day we wanted to use the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was closed for cleaning so that was dissapointing.
The hotel was ok, would possibly stay again, but I would double check the front desk dates first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the lobby area or interior of the hotel. These are closer to all the activities an...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stasonbtff
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed there with my family of 6 for the local homeshow. Despite being very busy, the hotel staff was great. The accomodations were very nice. The price was unbeatable for a suite. The room was limited - smaller bathroom, weak kitchenette. The hotel amenities, especially the restaurant, were fantastic. The breakfast was hot and good. The pool was fine for the kids. The restaurant, while absolutely packed, was awesome. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Interior suites are nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RVoss
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and i just stayed at this location for the arrival of our first grandchild. we was very happy with the room we had and they where pet friendly as well as having a smoking room. these are hard to come by these days.
when we decided to saty an additional night teh staff was very helpful and relocated us to a differant room. when we arrived later in th afternoon we found a bottle of wine with a congradulations card from teh managment. we thought that was very thoughtful of the management and very personal. we would recomind this location on your next visit to Northplatte. we also want to say thank you to the managment and staff for all they did.

Mr & Mrs Ron Wetter
Hanover, Ks 66945

Room Tip: We choose the suites becasue of the cooking stove, dishwasher, microwave etc to help save on money f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ron W
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend while attending the Nebraskaland Days party. I have to say it was a great time. My husband and I stayed in one of the large suites with a hot tub and it was wonderful. We went to the party, had a lot to drink, and came back and enjoyed the hot tub. The room was very clean, the staff was great and in the morning they let us sleep until 11am before waking us. Even then, we told them that we were running a little behind and they let us stay for another half an hour (greatly appreciated since this was the weekend away from the kids)! We will be coming back next year and hopefully sooner. Thanks for a great night!

Room Tip: If you want breakfast dont sleep until 11AM like we did!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel E
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a Lions Convention here. I had never arranged a convention in my life. I began with a phone call to Cody (Convention person) The rest was a breeze. He was the most helpful person I've dealt with. He helped fill in all the gaps, believe me, there were plenty. I really had no idea what I was doing. These people have put on a lot of functions and know exactly what they are doing. He helped me guess our room counts, provided us a special menu to go along with our Hawaiian theme, and helped keep us in our budget. They even had extra decorations they let us borrow to add to what we had, free. The staff was amazing! The contract was simple and within reason. I was very happy with the costs. I HIGHLY recommend this place for your convention. They make it too easy to go anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013