“New Arrival”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and i just stayed at this location for the arrival of our first grandchild. we was very happy with the room we had and they where pet friendly as well as having a smoking room. these are hard to come by these days.
when we decided to saty an additional night teh staff was very helpful and relocated us to a differant room. when we arrived later in th afternoon we found a bottle of wine with a congradulations card from teh managment. we thought that was very thoughtful of the management and very personal. we would recomind this location on your next visit to Northplatte. we also want to say thank you to the managment and staff for all they did.

Mr & Mrs Ron Wetter
Hanover, Ks 66945

Room Tip: We choose the suites becasue of the cooking stove, dishwasher, microwave etc to help save on money f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ron W

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend while attending the Nebraskaland Days party. I have to say it was a great time. My husband and I stayed in one of the large suites with a hot tub and it was wonderful. We went to the party, had a lot to drink, and came back and enjoyed the hot tub. The room was very clean, the staff was great and in the morning they let us sleep until 11am before waking us. Even then, we told them that we were running a little behind and they let us stay for another half an hour (greatly appreciated since this was the weekend away from the kids)! We will be coming back next year and hopefully sooner. Thanks for a great night!

Room Tip: If you want breakfast dont sleep until 11AM like we did!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel E
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a Lions Convention here. I had never arranged a convention in my life. I began with a phone call to Cody (Convention person) The rest was a breeze. He was the most helpful person I've dealt with. He helped fill in all the gaps, believe me, there were plenty. I really had no idea what I was doing. These people have put on a lot of functions and know exactly what they are doing. He helped me guess our room counts, provided us a special menu to go along with our Hawaiian theme, and helped keep us in our budget. They even had extra decorations they let us borrow to add to what we had, free. The staff was amazing! The contract was simple and within reason. I was very happy with the costs. I HIGHLY recommend this place for your convention. They make it too easy to go anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Chris G
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last two years for work. I can honestly say that I am always pleased with my stay, the service and staff, and my rooms. I started staying here because of the lower rate that they will give me compared to some of the surrounding hotels, now I would pay a higher rate to stay here because I know what I will get in return. The front desk clerk, especially Teresa and Brenda, are always great; as well as the rest of the girls however their names escape me right now. They treat me like family and if I ever have an issue, happens far and few between, they are sure to resolve it immediately. The sleeping rooms are considered older, but the property itself is older. The rooms are still updated with all of the amenities and include a frig and microwave and wireless internet at no additional charge. The rooms to the south have new carpet, paint, TVs, chairs, etc. so I simply ask for one of the newly updated rooms. One of my favorite things is the breakfast. They offer real scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and more. The best part, they use real dishes, not paper, and they have friendly staff to greet me each morning. I don’t use the pool. I don’t us the convention center. I do use the guest book trade program. They actually have a little library that you can take a book or leave a book at no cost. I always have something new to read!!!

I think they do a great job and anyone who stays here will be happy. If you have an issue just tell them about it and they will fix it. Also, from reading past posts, people seem surprised when they have an outside entrance. Open your eyes, as you pull up to the hotel you can tell that all of the rooms are facing the outside. Door, after door, after door; what do you think that means? Ask for a suite, they are inside but I assume they cost a little more (I have never stayed in the suite).

I will continue to stay here as long as I am traveling to NP. One last thing, try the steaks in the Canteen Grille. They have the best food in Nebraska.

Room Tip: Pick one of the rooms in the South wing, they have been recently updated.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 2Cool4U_CS
NorthPlatteCodyO, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello 2Cool4U,
On behalf of the entire hotel team I would like to start by thanking you for your continued business at the Quality Inn & Suites in North Platte. We appreciate your business very much and I am so happy to hear that you feel as though you are family while visiting. I would also like to thank you for the kind things you had to say about our hotel, staff, and services that we offer. It is always great to hear that you have built a relationship with our staff as well as utilized many of the services found here at the hotel.

We strive daily to make all guests feel welcomed, as well as provide a comfortable clean room for you to relax in. As you mentioned, the hotel is currently in the process of updating our sleeping rooms. We currently have the first 48 rooms complete and are currently working on the next wing of rooms. We plan to have the updates completed before May. These updates would include the new carpet, paint, 32" Flat Screen TV's, chairs, bedding, and more.

I would also like to mention that in addition to the amenities that you are already enjoying, please remember that when you stay at the QI you will also receive 10% off your food order in the Canteen Grille; so we hope you continue to enjoy the best steaks in Nebraska!

Again, I would like to thank you for your business and the wonderful things you had to say about us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Sincerely
Cody Odell - Assistant Manager

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

The person at the reception at 1 am was grumpy but that's understandable. The room was good but not great, you get the value for money.
I liked the breakfast. We went down at almost closing time and the old gentle man was very kind to serve us with a smile.
The stay might have been better had there been indoor accessibility to our rooms. I didnt prefer walking in December cold just to go to a neighboring room. Also the side stairs in the end were a bit dingy..
I have been to other quality inns and the infrastructure was good.. Elevator access to carry luggage would have been a definite plus!

• Stayed: December 2012

Hi Supotter,

I would like to thank you for your recent review of our property. We always appreciate hearing from our valued customers and their opinions of our property. We understand the value of your money, and we want to provide the best possible service and guest room accommodations to our guests.
I would also like to mention that though the night auditor has an unusual shift to work; our expectations are that all guests will receive the same great customer service regardless. I will be sure to pass this information onto the Front Desk Manager so we can address this issue. I will be sure to also let the Breakfast Clerks know that you enjoyed your time with them.

In response to the outside entrances; I do apologize about the outside entrances and wish we had more control over this and the weather. We have looked into options of enclosing the outside entrances, however no solution way has been found at this time. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the ownership so they have a complete understanding of what our guests would like. This will also include your comments about the elevators. In the future if you choose to stay with us again, which we hope you do, if you are unable to have a ground floor room please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you with your luggage.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Cody Odell - Assistant Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff at the desk and at breakfast were nice, competent and helpful. The room was old, and although it seemed clean, the bedspreads had a bad odor. The internet did not work. The breakfast area was nice, but the food was average or below. Although this is a handy location to the interstate, this was not a good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. We strive daily to provide the best customer service and guest room accommodations to all of our guests. I would like to start by addressing your concerns with the guest room. Though the property itself is a bit older, we take great pride in the condition and cleanliness of our rooms and beds. I have never heard of an odor on the sheets, especially since most of our bedding is newer. I will address this issue with the Housekeeping Manager to see why this odor would have happened and if we have had any other issues with this in the past. Either way, we will be sure to address the issue immediately.

The same will apply to the internet. We have an average of 100 or more logins to our internet daily and we work with our internet provider to make sure that it is always running at top speed. I will be sure to look into this issue and resolve it immediately. If you choose to stay with us in the future and encounter an issue please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can resolve it while you are here.

Typically we receive high ratings for our breakfast and the options we offer. I am sorry to hear that you thought the food was average or below. We will continue to offer fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, French toast, biscuits and gravy, breakfast potatoes, fruit, cereal, coffee, and much more. However, I will be sure to visit with both the breakfast attendants and the breakfast cooks to ensure to that we are serving nothing but the highest quality food. We understand the importance of a great breakfast for our travelers and we will make every effort to do so.

I would take the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future so that you could experience the hotel as is it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to north Platte again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that your future stays will be most enjoyable.

Cody Odell
Assistant Manager
308-535-6162
codell@sandhillcc.com

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Because we had a dog with us, we had to have a room at the back of the property, and had to GO OUTSIDE AND AROUND THE BUILDING TO USE THE POOL FACILITIES!

We arrived at night after 11 hours of driving. It was mid-October, and not a bit warm outside. What a disappointment after that long day!

We had to wear our jeans and sweatshirts over our bathing suits to get to the pool. Then, when we got in the jacuzzi (which I called in advance to be sure it would be hot and running) was only luke warm, if that. We expected it to be hot and bubbly, and need that after that long day of driving. I wouldn't have made a reservation at this property if I had known either of those things. That you have to go outside to get to the indoor pool if you are traveling with a pet - or that when you finally got there, the jacuzzi was barely warm.

For the better review items:

They upgraded us to a suite, which was nicer than a regular room, I suspect..

The breakfast was delicious - far better than any other hotel we've ever visited. The food selection was much better, and the plates were actually glass. The flatwear was actually metal (not plastic). There were kind and friendly attendants to the breakfast buffet. It was a great breakfast experience,

Room Tip: If you have a dog, you won't get a good room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grandmadonnajean

Dear Valued Guest,

I first want to take a moment and thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we take everything you say very serious. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire Quality Inn team for your stay.

Our standard procedure in the event that a guest would have a pet is to place them in one of our pet friendly rooms. Though most hotels no longer allow pets, the Quality Inn understands the importance of accommodating guests that travel with their pets. With that in mind, the hotel has dedicated 10 of our hotel rooms to being pet friendly to help accommodate you and others. We selected these ten rooms due to the proximity to the grass/fields next to the hotel as well as the dog kennels located on the North West corner of the property. I would also like to mention that though the outside entrances can sometimes be unexpected, the majority of our rooms, including all of our 168 standard rooms, have outside entrances. We do have 28 two-room suites with interior corridors, located next to the lobby and breakfast area. We look forward to the day that we are able to enclose all of our outside entrances; unfortunately we have yet to find a feasible way to achieve this at this time. I would also encourage you to use our interior hallways to access the pool, with access hallways to the interior of the hotel every 7 rooms. In the future, if you choose to stay with us again please don’t hesitate to contact me personally so I can be sure to find a great room with close access to the amenities you wish to use.

I would also like to mention that we often here great things about both our pool and hot tub, allowing guests to fully relax after a long days drive. I am incredibly disappointed that the hot tub did not meet your expectations when you arrived. Our standard temperature for the hot tub ranges between 100 to 103 degrees. Unfortunately, we must have had a sudden drop in the temperature of the hot tub and I apologize that we did not recognize this before you arrived. We monitor the temperature and cleanliness multiple times a day so I will be sure to bring this matter to our Maintenance Manager's attention immediately. I will be sure that this problem will not happen again in the future and please accept my apology for the inconvenience during your stay.

I would also like to thank you for your comments about both our suites and breakfast. I am sure you found our suites to be very nice and relaxing, allowing you to enjoy the interior entrances to both your room and pool area. We also try very hard to provide a great breakfast before our guests leave and we pay attention to the small details such as the chinaware and silverware.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally to make a reservation; my contact information is below.

Cody Odell