“Ups and downs”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The lobby is very nice. I was first given a room - facing the outside. It felt like I was in a $39 per night room. The beds looked hard and uncomfortable, and the room was small... For $100? No thanks. I went back to the lobby to request a new room. Thats the first time I've done that in 13 years of traveling. My upgraded room was nice, and very large - the ladies at the front desk were not very customer-friendly. However, the ladies in the hotel restaurant were great, my steak was excellent, an the breakfast was very good. Overall, though, I felt that the hotel was overpriced. It needs a lot of TLC. I would stay there again for about $25 less than what I paid.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The staff was kind and helpful, but the building itself is a wreck. For $150/night I would expect much more. There was either black mold or mildew all over the ceiling of the bathroom, all of the walls were scuffed and scratched, and there were stains all over the bathroom floor. The wall next to the "hot tub" in the room was peeling off. This hotel has seen better days and maintenence needs to get to work. You can stay in a hotel twice as nice for half the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I were part of a wedding block (one of three that weekend) and had experienced some situations which will make me not want to stay at this hotel again.

The first one was dealing with numerous front desk people who were rude and not helpful. We had a family in our group arrive around noon and when they asked if their room happened to be available for an early check in, the only response they received was "Check in as at 3, you need to come back then" without even checking to see if it happened to be ready.
When I was "greeted" by the front desk, there was a rude woman with facial piercings (which I have nothing against, but it is just not very professional) who acted as if she had better things to do than be working. I had told her that there should be a key waiting for me because my parents had checked my room in for me since I was arriving late in the evening. Without even looking for the key, she went on to tell me that I wasn't able to get a room because I didn't have it reserved with a credit card. I had to explain the situation to her a few times before she looked down on the counter and there was the key.

The second issue was when the restaurant/bar staff closed about an hour early on a Saturday night (with the three weddings being held at their hotel) because they only had one bartender and one waitress and didn't want to be busy when the wedding receptions ended. When a hotel has three weddings in one weekend, you would think they would schedule enough staff to keep the restaurant and bar open until closing time.

Finally, be sure to have everything out of your room at 11am checkout. Your key will no longer work after 11 am and your things will be locked in the room. When I went to the front desk to tell them that I didn't have everything out of my room yet, I was scolded about the 11 am check out and given a temporary key that did not work. It was a hassle and of course, according to front desk staff the key didn't work because I can't figure out how a hotel key works. It had nothing to do with the fact that sometimes, those magnetic strips don't get fully activated.

If it weren't for the rude and lazy staff, this hotel wouldn't be that bad considering the price and location. Being that I've worked in hotels and customer services for most of my life, I can look past some of the cosmetic issues of a hotel, but I cannot look past a rude staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed in North Platte one night to attend a nearby family reunion. We will not be staying at this hotel again. The lobby was nice but that is where it stopped. It seemed like it had originally been built as one of those hotels that have all outside entrances to the rooms and enclosed to make the lobby. The majority of the rooms still have outside entrances, which I am not a big fan off. The outside of the building looked old and worn. The paint was peeling in many areas and the stairs were rusty and dented. The carpet in the room and white stuff (maybe sand) all over it and needed to be vacuumed. The toilet clogged with the first (normal) use and it took almost an hour for someone to show up to fix it. The morning breakfast looked fancy with white tablecloths and fancy buffet servers but was nothing but ordinary. We won't be staying at this hotel next year.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times. The exterior rooms are old, tired, and a little gloomy, but they are inexpensive. The interior rooms are all suites and newer and much nicer. They are also considerably more expensive.
Bottom line: if price is the deciding factor, an exterior room will be cheap, mostly clean and safe. If you don't mind spending $40-50 more a night, an interior room will be newer, cleaner, and safer ( only accessible from the inside lobby), or just go to the Hampton Inn across the street.

Room Tip: Choose an interior suite. More money, but MUCH nicer rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2012

There is really a dichotomy existing in this establishment between the front desk and the breakfast staff. We were traveling and decided to stop and the Quality Inn had a room at a decent rate, we had not made a reservation. When we got to our room, we found ourselves right across from a conference room holding a rock concert. When I checked back at the desk, they were very apologetic and switched us to another room. The rooms are what you'd expect at this level. The shower had one of the big rain forest heads on it, but due to the water pressure, it felt like you were being power washed and didn't want to stand in it for any more than you had to.

When we went for breakfast, the line was extremely long and not moving very fast. When we got to the front to get something, we saw the person in front of us grab the last of the eggs, sausage and biscuits down the line. At the end of the line was, in theory a person, but she looked like she had not made it to bed yet and wasn't too interested in doing anything. When asked about more food coming out, her response? 'yeah, there working on it, be out when they get here.' 10 minutes later, it did show up. Not normally a big thing, but when you have a 2 & 5 year old in tow - 10 minutes to a really hungry kid is about all day! They brought out the luke warm offering, and rather than start loading it from the beginning of where we were standing, they rearranged the tray and started from the far end of the buffet and worked towards us with an attitude that we ought to be glad they were giving us any food as they would rather not be here.

Don't think we'll ever stay at this establishment again.

Room Tip: At another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed there a couple nights ago. No stairs to 2nd floor,hotel smells musty or moldy,celing in hallway has exposed wires/cords held up with electrical tape,rooms are older,stayed in a 2 queen bed room,beds are very springy and uncomfortable for 2 people to sleep. Breakfast was dried out and very basic(I know it's free). Save you $,spend a little more and stay somewhere else! Next year we will be staying at the Hampton Inn across the street!

• Stayed: July 2012