“This Super 8 is Super!”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Hayward, California
“This Super 8 is Super!”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Just like to add to the other good reviews and say that they work very hard here to satisfy the customer. They give you everything they advertise and more. WELL worth the price. Second time I stayed here and their service was consistent with the first time so they stay focused on customer service. You can count on them to deliver.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mpls, MN
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Basic motel room. Very clean. Dog friendly. I found the two people running the front desk very nice and helpful and gave me directions to local stores, etc . Looking at the previous postings they must be different employees...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
London, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We needed a place to sleep for the night in this area and picked this hotel as was close to the interstate and reasonable priced. We arrived late (around 12:30), very tired and had to deal with a clerk that couldn`t have been more inhospitable. It took over 30 minutes to get into a room, partly because the clerk couldn`t stop yawning long enough to get anything done, as well, even though I reiterated I wanted a non-smoking room we were given a smoking room and had to return to the lobby to get it switched. Sometime after 1am we finally got to our room which was adequate, surprisingly clean and comfortable given the lack of service we received in the lobby. The hotel had a breakfast bar which was fine; I`d like to say the morning staff were friendlier but they weren`t. The room itself isn`t bad but the inhospitable staff really ruin this place. The other guests I encountered at the breakfast bar and halls were much friendlier and polite then the staff. The price and location were good but I agree the staff desperately needs Customer Service Training

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kadee_S

Travelers are raving about these North Platte hotels

Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed November 16, 2009

This is a clean and somewhat comfortable hotel. The parking area is crowded and confusing. There is no elevator and so it makes it difficult for someone disabled to get stuff up the stairs since the staff is unwilling to help. The staff ruins this hotel. When I walked in the clerk looked extremely upset that she had to put down her laptop do to her job. After a grunt of disgust for having to work she threw a guest sheet on the counter and muttered to fill it out. She never once welcomed or said any type of greeting. The other employee only stopped reading her book long enough to display a disgusting look for being interupted. Later when I went back to get an extra key it was as if I had asked for her to perform an unspeakable task as she almost slammed the computer down and literally threw the key across the counter at me. Would have got their names but there was no name tags worn. Will go across the street to the other hotels next time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank robsdaman
Indiana
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I stayed here last summer while driving across country with my dad and dog. We needed a place to stay, so picked this place at random. We got an excellent deal b/c I was a military spouse, and when I showed the lady my military ID, I recieved 50% off a room, even with having a dog, they accomodated us!!!! We were tired from 13 hours of driving, so this nice gesture was wonderful!!!! Rooms were nice and clean, but did smell a little like smoke, which was no big deal for a $49 room. Had to clumb stairs to get to our room, and that was a pain with a dog and 2 fish but life goes on.....So to sum it up, I would recommend this place for the price but its nothing fancy at all.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
bosslady4224, general manager at Super 8 North Platte, responded to this review, July 28, 2009
Thank you for choosing the North Platte Super 8 for your lodging needs. We really appreciate your business and hope that you will visit again very soon!
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I'll try the Holiday Inn or the La Quinta next time. Both are adjacent to this property. The Mexican restaurant across the parking lot is not bad.

Pro's:
* Centrally located right off of I-80
* Moderately maintained facility
* Free internet
* Free breakfast

Con's:
* Trucks parking at the rear run their noisy a/c's throughout the night (ask for a room towards the front)
* Breakfast room is cramped
* Older facility
* Not quite as clean as I would have liked. Not terrible, but not great.. Trash was piled up at the side entrance for 2-3 days before someone finally did something about it. The bathroom sink was mostly, but not totally, clean.

Stayed August 2008
Nevada
Reviewed August 9, 2008

This was a great pit stop on our trip. Very clean, friendly staff, nice amenities. And the breakfast, WOW! Great biscuits and gravy!

• Liked — Biscuits and gravy
  • Disliked — Hall noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family