“Stayed in October 2011. Avoid this motel.”

Super 8 North Platte
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Chicago, Illinois
“Stayed in October 2011. Avoid this motel.”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I’m accustomed to staying in budget places—from Days Inns to Microtels— and being as happy as a clam, but this was a bad experience. The complex is spread out over several barn-like structures and a dimly lit parking lot. The internal structure was freighting. We’re not heavy people, but just walking around shook the room so violently, the TV and lamps wobbled. While the room was remarkably clean, it was painfully dated and the blankets were wafer thin. The front desk was grumpy in the evening and downright rude in the morning. A rack of judgmental Bible tracks, suggesting motel guests need help with a number of vices, was displayed in the lobby. The breakfast featured ample fruit and waffles, but also thimble-sized muffins and unappetizing slices of white bread, including the heels, in Ziploc baggies. While I don’t expect employees to clean the tables or help me out, I also don’t expect a tip jar on the counter unless they are. This just struck me as odd and annoying. Bottom line, there were several other newer looking motels in the area. I can’t vouch for them, but next time I’ll spend an extra $10 (or so) and hope for better.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank A A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 14, 2011

It's always a bit of a gamble staying at a hotel in this price range, even with good reviews like this one has. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and well-kept this one was, and the family that runs it are as nice as it gets. North Platte, NE was my last stop before home on a 3-week west coast trip and I usually stay in the La Quinta Inn here, but it's well over $100 a night and I was trying to save some money for my clients on my expenses. Being a member of Wyndham Rewards, which also includes Super 8 hotels, I thought I'd give this one a try. It's one of the reasons that I love Nebraska, there are such nice family-run places there.

The folks that run this hotel are super nice and they take great care of this hotel and their guests. There are two buildings, the main hotel where the front desk and breakfast area are and also an adjacent building with two levels of rooms. I had a top level room in the adjacent building and it was great. It's far enough from Interstate 80 so it's not noisy but if you open your window you can hear the soothing (for me anyway) sounds of the traffic which I personally love to hear. It's music to my ears and this hotel is the perfect distance from the freeway. The room was very well apppointed and hospital clean. A lot of Super 8 hotels are offering standard refrigerators which is very nice. Also, an ironing board/iron, hair dryer, and a full range of soaps, shampoos, and lotions and a great bed were in this room. What a bonus for this very reasonably priced room.

As is usually the case, I didn't partake in the breakfast because there weren't any protein options but there were a lot of folks in there enjoying what they had: toast, waffles, etc. There are a few restaurants and fast food places close by and also a Starbucks which is my usual breakfast stop. That was super convenient.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will be back on my next trip through this beautiful area. Western Nebraska is super scenic and historical if a person takes the time to explore the hills and parks and trails. I can't wait to return to this area!

Room Tip: I like top floor rooms in wood-framed hotels so I don't have the sound of the person in the room...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 29, 2011

After having a bad expirience at another hotel in North Platte (I ended up asking for a refund even after they showed me 5 different rooms!)....I ventured over to the Super 8. My brother had already told me he had stayed there before and had a nice room....but thought I should look around first. What a mistake...LOL. He was totally right! The girl at the front desk was Awesome.....I, of course, asked to see the room before I paid for it...and she was right. She said she thought I would be happy with it and I was! I ended up in room # 109...a jacuzzi (?) suite and it was the same price as I had paid at the Awful place on the other side of the Interstate. Too good to be true!! The room was very clean...had a comfortable bed and I felt safe too. (woman traveling alone). Can't say enough....except Very Happy with this hotel. Check it out!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank misskitty033
Douds IA
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Room was clean. Continental breakfast area was a bit crowded, but accessible. Staff friendly and courteous. Not a bad value. Located convenient to interstate and other businesses.

Room Tip: There is no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
omaha
Reviewed September 12, 2011

have stayed at this Super 8 a lot over the years it is a great value and the breakfast is an added bonus

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Provo, Utah
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Conveniently located, motel was well kept, interestingly designed, comfortable beds, and nice breakfast area. We did see a cockroach in our room though.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tunervince
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed August 2, 2011

At $62 it was a reasonable priced but the hotel and roome were showing its age. I think they were trying but missing the mark. The room was reasonable clean and not smelly (including not sprayed with masking fragrance) but the linens were old and discolored. We put the towels over the pillow cases (try Oxyclean and soak overnight). An old white pillowcase is OK but not an old gray pillowcase. Pillows were old and flat - and only 2 skinny pillows. The breakfast coffee was extremely watered down. On this road trip we got much better hotels for about the same price - so shop more before selecting this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family