Days Inn North Platte
$79
$69
Husker Inn(North Platte)
$60
All reviewsroom was cleanpool and hot tubwaffleswould stay againfirst floorfree breakfastafter a long daybobbyprotein
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My first half-step into the lobby overwhelmed me, due to a deep, dank odor; indicative of poor house keeping. Found used food articles in the fridge (are you kidding me?) and microwave (unbelievable!) Brought the food articles to the front desk with a less than courteous remark. Returned to our room, checked the bed for beg bugs (didn't find any). Owner (?) returned the wiped down dirty microwave plate to us, trying to walk past me. Stood my ground and offered a very direct and negative commentary about the poor house keeping his staff tried to do. He said it was his sister who cleaned the room and that he would "have a talk with her". I responded with a possible complaint to Nebraska Dept of Health. They then said $10 would be removed from my bill. Don't stay at this motel!

Room Tip: Stay at another motel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Clean but decrepit; poor quality-to-value proposition.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Very comfortable bed with lots of pillows, cozy room, old carpet though. Lots of tv channels, great location for hotel. Wifi was not good, very slow. Enjoyed my stay. Pool area nice, but pool not cold.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Any time I am paying over $135.00 a room for a "budget" hotel, I have standands that I expect to be met. This place did not meet them. The desk clerk barely spoke English and could give me no information on the 3 restaurants on the list I presented to him; he couldn't even give me clear directions on a map.A sign on the ice machine read "Please do not use ice to fill coolers." --this is a first for me, but it didn't matter because the machine had no ice to dispense. The management is also really cutting corners on breakfast offerings.Two dry cereals, toast, dry pastries and a waffle maker--no fruit, meat or other offerings that are commonplace in many Days Inns. In addition, there was no decaf coffee or sugar free syrup for the diabetics in the crowd. But the final straw was when the cleaning crew started vacuuming outside our door at 7 am!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The hotel smelled of smoke very badly. We went to the pool/hot tub after checking in. The hot tub capacity literally says 3 people. The pool says 15 prople but that's being generous.

After getting out of the pool I notice there aren't any towels. I called the front desk for towels and they had me walk to the front desk to get towels. It's quite a long, COLD, walk from the pool.

We got two double queen rooms. Even though that should accommodate 8 people we have a grand total of four bath towels between the two rooms. One of the hand towels HAS A LARGE HOLE IN IT. The chair had french fries on it. There isn't a carrafe in either of the in-room coffee pots. One room has an ironing board but no iron. The other room has the iron but no board.

However the bed is comfy after the 14 hours spent in the car.

• Stayed: June 2012