“Gotta Go Deep In North Platte”
Review of Tempura

Tempura
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in North Platte
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

For a good meal in North Platte, you've gotta get away from the expressway. Tempura is deep within North Platte, and it's worth the little drive past the deserted downtown to this strip mall eatery. Both Chinese and Japanese fare grace the menu, and I was pleasantly surprised by a special changing menu of special rolls with combinations that were new to me.

The service was quick and attentive, with a gold star for taking care of the kids with trainer chopsticks and special attention.

The prices might be a little high for the quality, but this is Nowhere, Nebraska, so I'm happy to oblige the premium for something good.

Whenever I'm crossing the country, it seems I hit North Platte around meal time. And now, I don't have to worry about that anymore!

1  Thank BlakKat

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were looking for something less typical of the mid-west. Our meal at Tempura was delightful. Great special roll and the "box" dinner was fun and tasty for a great price.

1  Thank CoTraveler600
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Large servings of very resonably priced food. Not the best we have had, but considering it is in the middle of Nebraska it was a pleasant suprise.

We started with a very nice salad and miso soup. Then tempura Shrimp and tempura vegetables. For a main course my wife had a very good mongolian beef, I had a Bento box with mackeral, california roll and salmon. The salmon was a bit dry and the sauce was a bit sweet, but the other components were very good.

The service was good, and the atmosphere is very pleasnt.

The cost of the meal was only $31, which is very reasonable considering the quality of the food and large serving sizes.

We will be back the next time we are in town.

1  Thank BostonSkier
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We read the reviews so thought we would try it. Our car nav took us to this little strip mall and there it was. We walked into a large room with a neat little Koi pond in the corner. It was 6:15PM and we were the only two people in the place besides the four staff orientals walking around. We had a wonderful meal and by the time we finished there were about twenty people sitting down for dinner and many people coming and going for take out. I believe they also deliver. A nice dinning surprise...it was North Platte Neb. after all.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I enjoy going to this restaurant because they are friends of a friend but that doesn't mean that I will be bias, I love their sushi bar, after all, there are not very many of these around here but they do it very well!

1  Thank landlockedNE