“Great deal for North Platte, decent room”

Rodeway Inn North Platte
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We checked into this Rodeway after discovering that every other hotel was booked at the height of a thunderstorm. This hotel was a little farther into town but worth the drive. It was economical, clean and the staff was friendly. It's a good deal for a budget hotel for one night.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank musicmom32
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn North Platte

Reviewed July 13, 2009

I was in town with my family for the Girls State Softball tournaments and would have stayed in my sister's room with her daughter but decided last minute to see if they had another room available. This is a fairly middle-of-the-road type of motel but definately clean and well stocked. It appeared to have been recently remodeled. The breakfast was hot, fresh and well stocked. Everything from pastries, donuts, cereal, milk, juice, fresh fruit to made-to-order waffles. They only had one room left which was a smoking room (I don't smoke) but after a little air freshner from the cleaning staff and the air conditioner on for a few minutes and it was fine. They gave me the discounted group rate since I was a family member of the team and a non-smoker. I thought the value of the room was very good for the cleaniness of the room and the next morning breakfast. The staff was very frendly. I would stay there again. It appeared each room had a mini fridge and microwave along with hair dryer and coffee pot.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank colleenslepicka
Reviewed June 6, 2009

The Rodeway is down-at-the-heels. Poly-blend, pilly sheets on cheap beds that hadn't been vacuumed under in months. The room as a whole was fairly run-down and way too much air freshener had been used. We did get a small fridge and microwave. The included continental breakfast was pretty limited with terrible coffee. They did have a pool, but it was empty in late May. We paid $60, which seems to be on the cheaper side for North Platte, but was still too much.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank HeedlessYouth
Reviewed August 11, 2007

The woman (owner I believe) answering the phone was rude to me, AND put me on hold for so long that I thought she forgot about me. We called from the road, just wanting to verify our reservation, and I finally had to hang up and call back, only to be put on hold again. Upon our arrival, she was rude in person as well, and definitely not friendly like some of the other reviewers said. . Our room was old and had nasty old faded bed covers. The deadbolt lock didn't work, however the worst part was that our room had BUGS!!! Several varieties, silver fish, some sort of big gnats; I'll bet we killed 20 or more! In retrospect maybe we should've requested a different room, but the woman at the desk had such a chip on her shoulder, I couldn't imagine dealing with her. Her husband wasn't any better. I would not recommend this place to anyone. There were many other newer, classier chain motels more convenient to I-80.
Oh yes, the "Deluxe Continental Breakfast" was a joke, and not an accurate description at all.
Just an all-around bad experience!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank njsandvick
Reviewed August 11, 2007

On the good side, the room was clean.

However... I booked my reservation online and received a confirmation stating the price I would pay. When I arrived, the owner was curt and gave me a price that was 40% higher than what I had received in my confirmation. When I pointed this out to her, she said that it wasn't her fault and that I had to pay the higher price or find someplace else to stay. I even showed her the email I received with my confirmation number and price and she just became even more rude. I was very disappointed. Please be careful if you have to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank peacefulbirder
Reviewed July 19, 2007

This hotel is family operated by a couple originally from Poland. They are very friendly and accomodating, and in the Polish tradition the rooms are spotless. Although the property is a bit dated, once inside the room I felt as if I was staying in a relatives home rather than a motel. My 2 dogs were welcome and they even gave them each dog biscuits when I checked out. I will definitely be back to stay next time I'm passing through.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank flynomore
Reviewed April 6, 2007

A clean, older style hotel located a little ways off Interstate 80. Not easy to find at night, however very accomodating via phone for directions. Quiet and generally comfortable. A good value for the money.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo