“You get what you pay for”

Oak Tree Inn North Platte
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Charleston, Illinois
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

The Oak Tree Inn was decent enough for what we paid. The hotel staff were very friendly.
Our room was simple but sufficient.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingIzzy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Denver, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

While the rate for the room was great (especially including the almost-free breakfast for three we spent a whopping $1.79 on at Penny's Diner) and the hotel seemed to be newer and in good condition - we had a less than great experience. We rolled into North Platte around midnight and checked in, eager to get to our room. First, our key cards didn't work, so we went back downstairs and had them reprogrammed - THEN they opened the room, but someone was already sleeping in there! He was pretty mad that we walked in on him sleeping after midnight (who can blame him?). So we went, now very embarrassed, back down AGAIN to the front desk and were reassigned a room. Unfortunately, the front desk staff didn't really seem to care about our situation, no "I'm so sorry about that" or even a sympathetic glace. He just said, "Okay" and gave us a new room. I was pretty annoyed at the total lack of concern for our customer service experience.
We got to our room and it seemed mostly clean, but on closer inspection it wasn't. There was animal urine on the floor, a small spot behind the door - obviously it was from a pet. So that was gross that the hotel didn't seem to care about cleaning the bathroom floors stained with pet urine. And also, the coffee pot was absolutely filthy.
The mattress was horribly uncomfortable and the sheets were itchy and rough.

Other than THAT ALL, I can't complain. The rate was unbeatable and it did include a nice, free breakfast. Not sure I'd stay there again, however, as customer service is something we value highly, and these people don't deserve our business. Again, when reporting our experience with the front desk in the morning at check out, all we got was an, "Oh. I'll let the manager know." They didn't really seem to care about walking in on another sleeping patron, animal pee, etc. And like a friend of ours said, "Customer service becomes unapologetic when something happens all the time..." I think he's right, as the staff didn't seem at all surprised by our negative experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hkatee

Travelers are raving about these North Platte hotels

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

I drove over 700 miles from Illinois to North Platte, NE with two Newfoundland dogs headed to rescue groups in Colorado. I met up with folks who drove the dogs to rescue around 9:00 p.m. in the parking lot of the hotel. I checked into my room around 10:00 p.m. The check-in process was quick, informative and the front desk personnel were friendly. My room was clean and quiet. I slept like a rock in the comfortable, queen-sized bed. I highly recommend the Oak Tree Inn in North Platte, NE to anyone traveling along I-80.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Le Claire, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

I don't know how this place does it. Decent room, good location for under $50, plus almost free breakfast at diner next door. A real find.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

We booked this room because of the reviews and were very pleased with it. The room was clean and had everything we needed. There is no pool (if that is important) but I wouldn't have used one anyway. We walked to Applebee's for dinner. They gave us a voucher for $6.39 each for breakfast at Penny's Diner which was very ample. I would definitely stay here again while passing through.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Strathaven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed here overnight in the middle of a long journey. The Oak Tree Inn is everything you need as a stopping off point. Large clean room, good size bathroom, more facilities than you need (including microwave) and a breakfast at the local diner all for a fraction of the cost we would normally pay. Give it a try.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Crowley, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed one night at the Oak Tree Inn while on a 2-wk vacation/road trip. I lost my notes on the Oak Tree --so am going by memory. As I recall, the room was clean and bed/pillows comfortable. Really enjoyed the hotel being 100% nonsmoking and particularly the light-proof drapes. With the fan going, could not hear noise from the nearby roads. Applebee's nearby. The complimentary breakfast at Penny's Diner next door was good. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2010