All reviews penny's diner oak tree inn free breakfast room was clean dirty towels stay there again small refrigerator exercise room water pressure coffee maker road trip one night stay coupon motel melinda interstate pennys
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

Let me start out by saying that might work but this up here. This hotel is not my choice, it is pretty much a crap hole. They finally got new TVs in the room but half the time there's no batteries in the remote there are stains all over the hallway floors and there's always something left in the room for my last tenant. Trust me pay some extra money and go someplace else

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed September 14, 2016

Booked this hotel based on reasonable reviews and the price was ok for the area. When I arrive the desk gal was not at all friendly. Very short with me and it was as if I was bothering her. Fortunately she snapped at the people after me too, so it wasn't me! In the morning the guy behind the counter was only slightly nicer. Plus it took 5 minutes for him to come to the counter to check me out.

As a couple others mentioned I too got a creepy vibe. When I got to the second floor there was a housekeeping person (I think didnt have uniform on) who happened to go into my room saying she left her phone in there as I approached. I got in and the bathroom wasnt put back after cleaning. - no shower soap.

The room was nice. Looked to be updated recently. Nice bed. The window blinds didnt keep all the light out. A little weak on the bed linens - fortunately I like it cool so I dont need much. Towels were really rough. Also

The breakfast in the morning was a ticket at the adjoining diner. It was good, but you only got a minimal amount - unlike other places where you can go back. Also you could only have coffee or tea. I wanted OJ, but was told it would cost me $3 for a glass -- something other hotels offer unlimited in the morning. As I said though it was very good so you sacrificed quantity for good quality.

If I am back in North Platte would probably look elsewhere first. Unfortunately North Platte looks to be a pricey town for hotels and this one is priced in the middle. Value was ok if you can put up with the cranky staff.

Room tip: I had an accessible room - wouldnt take that again as the shower was tough to use and enjoy.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

We could have been the first to ever to stay in #146, it was so pristine, if a bit small. Everything was new and shining. Breakfast was served via hotel coupon in the adjacent Penny's Diner, which may not be convenient for grab- and go travelers. The room was quiet and comfortable- the queen bed high off the floor. Great choice, right off I-80 with fuel and food right there.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

I'm very disappointed in this hotel. It was rated 4 stars at hotels.com but they put us in a room for disabled so it's a stand up shower. I didn't mind that kind of shower but 2 of my toddlers are with me, and wants a tub bath. The room is not really clean too. I also did not get the rate that was online, even though I called the hotel to make sure of the rate coz I was using my phone to check the website and not giving me a good signal, that's why I called. And they confirmed it. But when I get there they charge me more. And can't do anything about it because the manager is not there! It's late at night and I'm just so tired to argue and I have little ones to take care. Just so sad.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Christary B
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Average hotel, but clean. Front desk employee was on a cigarette break when we tried to check in, then took personal phone calls during the process, making our check in quite slow after a 9 hour drive. No complaints about the room or facilities.

Date of stay: August 2016