“Lost My Reservation But Made It Right”

Oak Tree Inn North Platte
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Lost My Reservation But Made It Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I made reservations for two rooms in April of 2014. When I went to check in on June 30th, they only had one of my rooms down. I showed them my confirmation number and they did some switching around to make it right. I was a bit stressed they lost my reservation but happy they made it work After that, everything was great. The hotel is very clean and quiet despite being packed. Everyone we ran into was quite nice and I was impressed with the amenities. Rooms were large. Had a microwave, refrigerator, etc. All you could ask for. There are a lot of decent restaurants within walking distance and the area is nice. Great place to stop for one night. And to top it off, it was only 70 bucks!! Oh...and the fitness room was stocked with tons of equipment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the end/stairs. The hotel is VERY long and if you are in the middle, it's a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Alma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Made reservations, for two double-queen bed rooms, in May; when we checked in, only had one room available. Offered a king bed room, which I said would be fine if there was a discount; otherwise, wanted the rooms I reserved. Was accused of being uncooperative and of causing the hotel to lose money. Ended up getting a comped king room, when all I wanted was a discount. Room was very nice; clean, quiet, and roomy. Overall a nice stay, only disappointment was staff at check in. (Also accused third party site for booking error, but reservation was made directly through the Oak Tree Inn website.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott J
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The Oak Tree in North Platte is a busy stop off for railroad workers but I found that it was acceptable. A good nights sleep was had but having said that I did ask for a room upstairs out of the way and this should be a good pointer for anyone wanting a good nights sleep as the railroad workers can be up and about at any time. The hotel staff are friendly. The railroad workers are friendly and not a rowdy bunch at all mostly are family men away from home doing a good job. The room was large and comfortable. The diner next door is a 1950's style diner and it is pretty good. If you don't want the cooked breakfast go with the oatmeal and raisins this was excellent. A discount of $7.50 each is issued to you be the hotel reception and that mostly wipes out the cost of the breakfast or even dinner. Reasonable hotel at a reasonable price. There are vending machines for drinks and snacks and of course ice machines. We used it as a transit hotel on our journey from Deadwood in South Dakota to Dodge City in Kansas and would do so again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank reviewerUSAUK
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I chose to stay at this property since it was reasonably priced, and the place I had stayed in the past is no longer listed by a well known travel agency. The hotel had the appearance of being a newer property, and it was nicely furnished. Rather than getting a continental breakfast, you get a voucher good for a selection of entrees (or money off your check) in the diner on site, which I found to be a change of pace from the usual breakfast offerings by motels/hotels. The one issue I did have with y stay is that I got double charged on my credit card. I don't know what happened, but my credit card reversed one of the charges.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mrath
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I found North Platte to be a very expensive hotel town - even the discount hotels like Super 8 and Comfort Inn were around $80 and some of those looked pretty sketchy. This hotel looked pretty decent and was in a nice area so I decided to try it. With an AAA discount it was about $72. Room was great and had everything I needed - hairdryer, iron, fridge, coffee maker and microwave. I picked up a late "to go" dinner from Perry's diner and brought it back to my room and heated it up. Lots of construction/railway workers here but all were quiet and decent - they were up and out before breakfast too. The hotel offers a free breakfast (up to $7.95 I think) coupon for Penny's Diner. I think I had pancakes, eggs and bacon. The computer in the lobby was great and had very fast Internet. All in all, a very nice hotel. I would definitely consider staying here again if in the area.
Pros: Friendly staff, fast computer, free breakfast, heavy curtains block all outdoor light, very clean rooms
Con: Smell of cleaning disinfectant - not bad but strong, very little counter space in bathroom

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff,clean rooms .reasonably priced.. definitely a plus in my book...decorated very nice and comfotable bed... We were disappointed that we couldn't stay a second night on our return trip from Denver, Colorado. They deserve 5 stars!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were in town for a family gathering and stayed four days. Knowing that the hotel caters to the railroad with train men coming/going at all hours, I was pleasantly surprised that our stay was very restful without any issues. The staff were all very friendly and accomodating. Our room was made up each day. The rate was very reasonable. Great breakfast arrangement. There was not a fancy reception area or a swimming pool, but we were not going to stay in the lobby and a swimming pool was not a must. We will be back the next time we need a place to stay while in NP.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family