“Thank you!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 30, 2014

My husband, our college boy, and myself stopped on Tue, Aug 26 for our one meal to break up our trip from Colo Sp, Co to Chicago. I was so impressed by the service, the kindness of our waitress and hostess (even though they knew we were just travelers passing through), and the really fantastic meal we had. More than enough! And I have to also say, I overheard the other waitress and ours talking to other diners that day, and all but one, were obviously passing-through-travelers, yet the two waitresses and the hostess were nothing but wonderful. I was so struck by this, that I felt I needed to comment, and I have never left a comment on any other restaurant before. Even our college boy noticed the kindness and attention to efficient service. Thank you, North Platte Applebees. :)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stopped in the North Platte location Wed Aug 20, 2014 at 2 p.m. Ordered a lunch special - a soup and sandwich combo with drink. The business was not overly busy at the time and we were sitting in a booth area. The waitress' helper brought out a tea for my spouse and nothing for me, tho I ordered a strawberry lemonade. 15 minutes later we still had no food while others who came in after us had been served. My husband's soup and sand was brought out but mine was not and I still had nothing - no drink, no food. Again, a helper then brought out the sandwich but no soup saying he thought I would want to get at least the sandwich as the soup was not yet ready. The plate had a dried splash of soup on the edge of the plate and my half sandwich. I had to ask yet again for the lemonade. It was another 10 minutes before the original waitress brought my soup which had sloshed on the saucer plate and as she set it down told me its very hot, they just made it. No apologies for any of the delays. I showed her the plate and she told me oh that must have happened when they took the other bowl of soup off when it was decided there wasnt enough soup in the bowl. "That was a clean plate, that was your soup." And she took the plate back to the kitchen, but I did take my remaining portion of sandwich off it before she took it. Finally a helper brought my lemonade. My sandwich was half eaten by the time the soup came - a disappointment to me because I prefer to eat the sandwich WITH the soup. Thats why I ordered it that way. A disappointment that after waiting so long for the lemonade, no refills, no offer for a glass of water. Disappointment that when there was a delay in the kitchen, no explanation from waitress or helper staff, no offer for a different item, no adjustment to the bill. Our response to the experience, no tip. The waitress' name is Amanda. No, we will not frequent that Applebee's again.

2  Thank Jan K
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Misty, Mardis, and Judy (last 3 reviews) were right on the money. We eat at Applebees frequently in Papillion, Nebraska and they are spectacular.

Our last two Applebees visits out of town (this one at North Platte and one in St. Joe, Missouri) were horrific.

I can only echo what was previously said and specifically state:

1) Arrived around 5:00 p.m. and waited at least 10 minutes for a server.
2) Baked potatoes wouldn't be ready until 7:00 p.m. she said. What? A main staple of your steak dishes and a prominent side and you're not ready? Did she really say that? Alright, I'll take the fries.
3) Fries. Stale, cold, obviously had 'sat' for quite some time.
4) Rice. Cold as can be.
5) Service. Fair, at best.

Ambivalent staff, poor food quality, one of the worst Applebees we've ever been to. Congratulations St. Joe establishment, you're not in last place anymore. North Platte location just took over the cellar.

1  Thank Chuck G
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We came in after the normal lunch rush, 2:00. The hostess was rude. The waitress took our drink order and when she came back with our drinks and took our food order, she was leaning on the table, seemed kinda lazy. We waited for 45 minutes for our appetizers, our waitress FINALLY stopped and said she sent the manager to check on them. 15 minutes later the manager came over and apologized. Said there wouldn't be any charge for our food and that the appetizers were just about ready to come out. 15 minutes later the waitress came back kinda laughing about it and informed us that now our appetizers and food would be coming out at the same time!!!! Finally after almost an hour and a half ALL of our food came out!!! Half of it was cold!!! Glad we didn't have to pay for this crap!!! Worst Applebee's EVER!!!

1  Thank Misty J
Reviewed August 10, 2014

What a disaster. Wait staff and management have no idea what they are doing. You know it's a bad sign when you arrive at 8:30 p.m., are asked to wait 5 minutes for seating in a restaurant that is 1/3rd full, and the waitress tells you it will be 25 minutes until your food arrives. I realize you have a captive audience off I-80, but we will never eat at Applebee's ANYWHERE again.

1  Thank mardis