“Low price, extremely clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Husker Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Platte
Husker Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in North Platte
Missouri
“Low price, extremely clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopped in North Platte for a 1 night stay on our way to Colorado. Other chain hotels were $150 - $160 a night. Found the Husker Inn here on Trip Advisor and after reading the reviews decided to give it a try. Very quaint little motel. The gentleman that runs it was extremely nice. He gave me banana bread for my daughters upon check in and the next morning brought 2 delicious homemade raspberry & blueberry muffins for us. The room was small but very clean. Towels were wonderful. The only complaint I had was that the A/C is controlled by the owners in their apartment. We like it a bit cooler than our room was. However, for the price savings of $100, was very willing to deal with it. Oh and the brochure we had didn't show they offered WiFi but they do, just had to ask for the password at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Terrific motel, flat screen tv, ultra clean, super a/c, fast wifi, king bed, and.... the nicest lady in front office you will ever encounter! Before even entering the room I had 2 homemade organic cookies and 2 homemade pieces of pie in my hands. She seemed to be enjoying our trip even more than we did.

We asked and looked at other motels in N.Platte but compared to the HuskerInn they are shabby and expensive. When in town, go here!

Room Tip: All are situated just fine
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wilco f
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was very doubtful about staying at the Husker Inn. I could not see how all the great reviews could be true at such a low price. The Husker Inn truly deserves all the praise and accolades! It felt a little like we had stopped by to visit a favorite aunt! We were greeted with homemade cookies and a piece of strawberry pie. Later, when my sister went back to the office to take Linda up on her offer of tea she came back to the room with 2 cups (in case I decided I wanted one), Korean cookies, and a container of organic honey if I wanted to sweeten my tea. In the morning, my sister again went to the office to ask about a place to get coffee. You guessed it! She returned to the room with a cup of coffee and blueberry muffins to enjoy for our breakfast. There was no extra cost for any of this food. The room was super clean, the beds were wonderfully comfortable, and yes the towels are indeed white and fluffy (not thin and scratchy like the norm).This is not a 5-star hotel, but for a motel option this first rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

On a three day trip from Georgia to Wyoming, North Platte, Nebraska was our 2nd night's destination. After searching Trip Advisor I found The Husker
Inn and its good reviews and decided to give it a try. I also experienced everything that the other reviews noted, amazing hospitalty,impeccably cared for
property. It was evident that much love and hard work have gone into maintaining this motel. Our king sized bed was very comfortable,amazing bedding-nice heavy cotton sheets and very nice towels. Rooms and baths are small but adequate-new carpet,flat screen tv,microwave and refrigerator.We loved our stay there and look forward to returning on our way back to Georgia.

• Stayed June 2013
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

After traveling all day, Linda welcomed us to Husker Inn with a bright smile and some delicious Korean cookies. This is not a B&B, so it shouldn't be listed here. It's a sparkling clean, non-smoking motel with great king beds, relaxing recliners, and big flat screen TVs. The large fridge and microwave were super convenient. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BYUFan
LIVERPOOL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

After reading several great reviews of this place, I tried it out for 4 days. It is a quaint little motel in the middle of North Platte. We were not able to arrive until midnight and though the owner normally closed at 9:30 p.m., she waited up for us until we finally pulled in. Though very tired, she checked us in, gave us a great discount for our 4 day stay, and presented us with two homemade cookies! We couldn't believe how spotlessly clean and well-kept the room was and the towels were luxuriously thick white Egyptian cotton...the type you usually only get in high-class hotels. Our shower had great water pressure and plenty of hot water. Outside, the lawn and plants looked like a garden and there was a beautiful covered sitting area with a grill. The location was very convenient and quiet, but close to downtown.

The next morning I went to the office to ask how to access the wireless internet and the owner not only gave me the code, but also two fresh cups of coffee, two pieces of cake and a small bowl of freshly cut pineapple! You won't get hospitality like this at any big hotel chain. I highly recommend this wonderful little motel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank swsny
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Fantastic place to stay. Linda is a very friendly and helpful person. After a 300 mile drive I am greated with a hot cup of soothing tea a well as a very clean comfortable bed. Best motel I have ever been too. Best place in town to stay.

Room Tip: I have stayed in 4 different rooms and they were all great